Windows 7 build 7601.17514
|Build of Windows 7|
|Starter (E, K, N, KN)|
Home Basic (E, K, N, KN)
Home Premium (E, K, N, KN)
Professional (E, K, N, KN)
Enterprise (E, K, N, KN)
Ultimate (E, K, N, KN)
Windows 7 build 7601.17514 is the official RTM build of Windows 7 Service Pack 1 that was released to manufacturing on 9 February 2011 with the build being released to MSDN and TechNet subscribers as well as Volume License customers a week later on 16 February 2011. On 22 February 2011, it became generally available for download via Windows Update and the Microsoft Download Center alongside its server counterpart.
It is the last Service Pack to be released by Microsoft before they were dropped starting with the release of Windows 8. It is also the last build to support processors without the SSE instruction set (prior to update KB4088875 in 2018), as SSE was enforced starting with Windows 8 build 7700.
Changes from Windows 7 RTM[edit | edit source]
- Added additional support for communication with third-party federation services that support the WS-Federation passive profile protocol.
- Fixed a bug related to HDMI audio device performance.
- Corrected behavior when printing mixed-orientation XPS documents.
- Changes to behavior of "Restore previous folders at logon" functionality.
- Enhances support for additional identification types.
- Added support for Advanced Vector Extensions (AVX).
- Improved support for Advanced Format (512e) Storage Devices.
- All bugfixes released up to this point are included as well.