Windows Server 2008 R2 build 7601.17514
|Build of Windows Server 2008 R2|
Datacenter Server Core
Enterprise Server Core
Standard Server Core
Web Server Core
Windows Server 2008 R2 build 7601.17514 is the official RTM build of Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 that was released to manufacturing on 9 February 2011 with the build being released to MSDN and TechNet subscribers as well as Volume License customers a week later on 16 February 2011. On 22 February 2011, it became generally available for download via Windows Update and the Microsoft Download Center alongside its client counterpart. It was the final Service Pack to be released by Microsoft for a server release of Windows before Service Packs were dropped starting with the release of Windows Server 2012/2012 R2.
New features[edit | edit source]
- RemoteFX - 3D Acceleration support for Hyper-V.
- Dynamic Memory - a VM can allocate as much physical memory as it needs to.
- Enhancements to DirectAccess.
- Support for Managed Service Accounts (MSAs) in secure branch office scenarios.
- Support for increased volume of authentication traffic on domain controllers connected to high-latency networks.
- Enhancements to Failover Clustering with Storage.
- Changes to behavior of "Restore previous folders at logon" functionality.
- Enhances support for additional identification types.
- Adds support for Advanced Vector Extensions (AVX).
- Improved support for Advanced Format (512e) Storage Devices.
- All bugfixes released up to this point are included as well.