Windows Server 2008 R2 build 7601.17514
|Build of Windows Server 2008 R2|
Enterprise Server (Core)
Datacenter Server (Core)
Web Server (Core)
Windows Server 2008 R2 build 7601.17514 is the official RTM build of Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 that was released to manufacturing on 9 February 2011 with the build being released to MSDN and TechNet subscribers as well as Volume License customers a week later on 16 February 2011. On 22 February 2011, it became generally available for download via Windows Update and the Microsoft Download Center alongside its client counterpart.
It is the last Service Pack to be released by Microsoft for a Windows Server release before Service Packs were dropped starting with the release of Windows Server 2012.
Changes from Windows Server 2008 R2 RTM[edit | edit source]
- Added RemoteFX, which brings 3D Acceleration support to Hyper-V.
- Added Dynamic Memory, which can allow virtual machines to temporarily allocate as much physical RAM as is needed for an execution.
- Support for Managed Service Accounts (MSAs) in secure branch office scenarios.
- Support for increased volume of authentication traffic on domain controllers connected to high-latency networks.
- Enhancements to Failover Clustering with Storage.
- Enhancements to DirectAccess.
- Enhances support for additional identification types.
- Adds support for Advanced Vector Extensions (AVX).
- Improved support for Advanced Format (512e) Storage Devices.
- Changes to behavior of "Restore previous folders at logon" functionality.
- All bugfixes released up to this point are included as well.