Windows 11 build 22000.71
|Build of Windows 11|
Pro (N, Single Language, China Only)
Pro Education (N)
Pro for Workstations (N)
Enterprise (Evaluation, G, N)
Windows 11 build 22000.71 is the third Insider Preview build of Windows 11, which was released to the Dev Channel on 15 July 2021.
New features and changes[edit | edit source]
File Explorer[edit | edit source]
- The context menu and other right-click menus in File Explorer now use the acrylic material.
- The "New" button in the File Explorer command bar has been changed to a split button, where the main button now instantly creates a new folder while the dropdown arrow opens the menu.
Shell[edit | edit source]
- Taskbar previews have been updated to reflect the new visual design.
- The Task View and Alt+Tab background now has an acrylic blur effect.
- An entertainment widget has been added which displays movie titles that are available in the Microsoft Store. Clicking on a movie directs the user to the Microsoft Store.
- The Win+X menu now supports keyboard accelerators, i.e. pressing Win+X and then M opens the Device Manager.
Bugfixes[edit | edit source]
- The stack overflow crash with File Explorer in Safe mode has been fixed.
- The align icons to the left animation in the taskbar is now rendered correctly.
- Rearranging a program in the taskbar no longer opens it after releasing.
Bugs and quirks[edit | edit source]
Explorer[edit | edit source]
- On certain locales, Explorer may crash in a loop when the laptop battery is fully charged.
- Explorer may crash when opening the Notification Center with Focus Assist disabled.
- Navigating to a file system location from the Control Panel results in the File Explorer window showing a ribbon instead of the new command bar.
- In dark mode, the navigation pane has white vertical bars showing on its sides.
Taskbar[edit | edit source]
- The title bar on the new taskbar previews appears in the Arial font.
- The close button on the new taskbar previews when hovered over does not adjust to the rounded corners.
- The wireless network icon might not appear in Quick Settings.