Android 1.0 r1
(Redirected from Android 1.0)
Android 1.0 r1 is the first stable version of Android released on 2008-09-23. The first device to use it was the HTC Dream. It still has Dev Tools and a new program called API Tools.
- Android Market
- Web Browser that supports HTML and XHTML, while supporting multiple pages known as "cards"
- Camera Support, but lacked the option to change the resolution
- Folders allowing the grouping of a number of application icons into a single folder icon on the Home screen
- Google Contacts syncing with the People application
- Google Calendar syncing with the Calendar application
- Google Maps with Street View to view maps and satellite images, and GPS support.
- Google Search allowing users to search the Internet and phone applications, contacts, calendar, etc.
- Google Talk instant messaging
- Instant and text messaging, and MMS support
- Media Player, enabling management, importing, and playback of media files, however, this version lacked video and stereo Bluetooth support
- Notifications appear in the Status bar, with options to set ringtone, LED or vibration alerts
- Voice Dialer allows dialing and placing of phone calls without typing a name or number
- Wallpaper allows the user to set the background image or photo behind the Home screen icons and widgets
- A YouTube Video Player
- Other apps such as Alarm Clock, Calculator, Dialer (Phone), Home screen (Launcher), and Pictures (Gallery).
- WiFi and Bluetooth Support