Windows XP build 2276
|Build of Windows XP|
|Timebomb||2001-03-28 (+181 days)|
Windows XP build 2276 is a build of Windows XP.
New features and changes[edit | edit source]
- Setup has received major updates for the run-up to the official Beta 1. It includes a blue Watercolor design instead of the Windows ME design from build 2250 to build 2267.
- Windows Media Player has been updated to version 7, as with Windows ME.
- Internet Explorer is now updated to a beta version of Internet Explorer 6. However, the version branding still labels Internet Explorer 5.6.
- Windows Movie Maker from Windows ME is also included in this build.
- The "About Program" banners have been slightly updated to have the Windows logo be more fluent in appearance. The login screensaver also shows the SKU of the build.
- The start button has also been updated, resembling the old Windows 2000 design instead of the one from build 2257 and build 2267.
- This build is the first to have the new Help and Support center, which would eventually remain in the RTM albeit redesigned. Alongside, compatibility mode debuts in this build; but instead of being a setting in the properties of an application, it is a launcher from Help and Support.
- Category View for Control Panel has been revamped and Control Panel includes a new Text to Speech applet.
- The OOBE now includes a mouse tutorial for new users.
- This is the first build to include the "Windows Whistler" animation at the start of the OOBE.
- The "Personal Start Menu" name has been changed to "Simple Start Menu".
- The logged-in user's name is shown on the Start menu. The shutdown and logoff buttons are fixed when the theme is set to Professional.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Installation[edit | edit source]
This build cannot be installed via booting from the installation media due to a BSOD error, to install this build, use a Windows boot disk, partition and format the drive and then run
WINNT.EXE from the installation media.