Windows Vista build 5310
|Build of Windows Vista|
|Timebomb||2007-03-07 (+393 days)|
Home Basic N
Despite being an eHome OEM build, it does not have the
$OEM$ folder from build 5284 (vbl media ehome) located in the
sources folder of the DVD.
Setup[edit | edit source]
Setup is mostly similar to the previous build of Vista.
New features and changes[edit | edit source]
- This build changes the text on the boot screen to Loading Windows Vista™.
- The set up devices option has been removed from Welcome Center.
- The Sample Music and Sample Pictures folders in the Pictures and Music directories now contain new contents.
- "Add Gadgets" window now shows Sidebar gadget icons in 3x1 layout rather than 4x1.
- Game ratings are now shown in the details pane rather than the reading pane in Games Explorer.
Windows Media Center[edit | edit source]
Windows Media Center received a few updates. The wallpaper has been changed, and the title bar and music bar have also finally been updated to a much more modern style, compared to XP's WMC. Although still not fully finished, it does look a whole lot different.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Upon shutting down, the shutdown sound gets cut off after half a second of playing.
- Installling this build in VMware Workstation 16.x compatibility mode causes a
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREAbugcheck after the OOBE finishes. When the computer restarts, do the OOBE process again and it will move on without crashing for the second time. Other than that, this build is generally unstable and can randomly crash with the aforementioned error.
- Windows Recovery Environment cannot be accessed from the installation media, since it throws an error upon launching.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Search interface in Windows Explorer