Windows Vista build 5310
|Build of Windows Vista|
|Timebomb||2007-03-07 (+393 days)|
Home Basic N
Windows Vista build 5310 is a pre-Beta 2 build of Windows Vista, which was shared by BetaArchive user marcoguy on 19 December 2016. Despite being an eHome OEM build, it does not have the
$OEM$ folder from build 5284 (vbl media ehome) located in the
sources folder of the DVD.
Setup[edit | edit source]
New features and changes[edit | edit source]
- This build is notable for having unique text on the boot screen, which says "Loading Windows Vista™".
- The exclusive desktop wallpapers for the Starter SKU have been removed.
- The set up devices option has been removed from Welcome Center.
- The Sample Media, Sample Music, Sample Pictures, and Sample Videos folders contain new content.
- Game ratings are now shown in the details pane rather than the reading pane in Games Explorer.
- Windows Media Center has been updated with a redesigned title bar and playback controls.
- IE7's copyright date has been updated to 2006.
Bugs and quirks[edit | edit source]
Installation[edit | edit source]
- Windows Recovery Environment cannot be accessed from the installation media, since it throws an error upon launching.
- Installing this build in VMware Workstation 16.x compatibility mode may cause a
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREAbugcheck after the OOBE finishes. When the computer restarts, do the OOBE process again and it will move on without crashing for the second time.
Winver[edit | edit source]
Despite being compiled in 2006, the copyright date in
winver still says 2005.
Shutdown[edit | edit source]
Upon shutting down, the shutdown sound gets cut off after half a second of playing.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Search interface in Windows Explorer