Windows Longhorn build 4017
|Build of Windows Longhorn|
|Timebomb||2004-06-26 (+444 days)|
Windows Longhorn build 4017 is a Milestone 5 build of Windows Longhorn. On 23 January 2020, this build was listed on a thread by Grabberslasher, founder of the UX.Unleaked blog, to be released to the BetaArchive FTP, and was released as the first two builds of his 33 Longhorn/Vista builds on 24 January 2020, alongside build 4029 (Lab06 n). This build shares a lot of similarities with build 4015 (main), including a working Desktop Composition Engine that isn't different to the aforementioned build.
Changes[edit | edit source]
- The Avalon taskbar/sidebar application has been removed.
- The sidebar now doesn't have rendering issues upon changing the resolution.
Setup[edit | edit source]
- Setup is similar to that found in build 4015 (main).
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Once copying files has completed, setup will fail to create a boot.ini file. Although booting will still be possible, NTLDR will default to C:\Windows.
- The hardware detection portion of setup may crash, and an error message may appear as well. Simply press ALT+TAB to access the error message, and click OK. This will, however, skip the Out-of-Box-Experience.