Windows Longhorn build 4029 (Lab06 n)
|Build of Windows Longhorn|
Windows Longhorn build 4029 (Lab06 n) is a Milestone 6 build of Windows Longhorn. On 2020-01-23, this build was listed on a thread by Grabberslasher, founder of the UX.Unleaked blog, to be released to the BetaArchive FTP, and was released as the first two builds of 33 other Longhorn builds on 2020-01-24, alongside build 4017.
New features and changes[edit | edit source]
- This build includes a new red aurora wallpaper. The "longhorn milestone 5" text has also been replaced with "LONGHORN M6".
- The Aero Wizards debuted in this build. The CD Writing Wizard is one of these Aero Wizards, which allows users to burn ISO images to an optical disc.
- 3D icons are included within the Games Center (which would later be renamed to "Games Explorer").
- The taskbar clock that was present in builds 4015 to 4029 has been removed in favor of the sidebar clock.
- The desktop also has a new icon, File a Longhorn bug, which leads to an internal webpage.
- Windows Messenger has been updated to version 6.0.
- Many applets (such as My Computer and the Sync Manager) have gained new icons.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- While the Desktop Composition Engine works in this build, the Desktop Composition Engine defaults at the CPU processing due to a bug. This makes it impossible to enable the Aero Glass borders.
Installation[edit | edit source]
This build cannot be installed via the CD boot; it must be installed via the use of another build's WinPE or via upgrading from a previous build.