Windows Longhorn build 4029 (Lab06_n)
|Build of Windows Longhorn|
|Timebomb||2003-12-26 (+180 days)|
Windows Longhorn build 4029 (Lab06_n) is one of the first Milestone 6 builds of Windows Longhorn. On 23 January 2020, this build was listed on a thread by Grabberslasher, founder of the UX.Unleaked blog, to be released to the BetaArchive FTP, and was released as the first two builds of his 33 Longhorn/Vista builds on 24 January 2020, alongside build 4017.
Setup[edit | edit source]
Although setup overall is similar to previous builds of Windows Longhorn, the fonts that are used during setup now use ClearType.
New features and changes[edit | edit source]
- This build includes a new red aurora wallpaper, with a design identical to the animated BAML version found in build 4066 and beyond, but in red. The "longhorn milestone five" text has also been replaced with "LONGHORN M6".
- The Aero Wizards debuted in this build. The CD Writing Wizard is one of these Aero Wizards, which allows users to burn ISO images to an optical disc.
- 3D icons are included within the Games Center (which would later be renamed to "Games Explorer").
- The taskbar clock that was present in Milestone 5 has been removed in favor of the sidebar clock.
- Windows Messenger has been updated to version 6.0.
- Many applets (such as My Computer and the Sync Manager) have gained new icons.
- The Explorer interface has been refined. Notably the "Windows flag" throbber has been removed and the navigation bar now has a dedicated theme resource.
- Although MyTVApp still exists, it no longer displays anything rather than the side panel.
- The desktop contains a new icon, File a Longhorn bug, which leads to an internal webpage.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Desktop Composition Engine[edit | edit source]
While the Desktop Composition Engine works in this build, the Desktop Composition Engine does not enable Direct3D shaders due to a bug. Because the DCE window frames rely on these shaders to function, it is not possible to enable them at this time.