Windows Longhorn build 4029 (Lab06_n)
|Build of Windows Longhorn|
|Timebomb||2003-12-26 (+180 days)|
Windows Longhorn build 4029 (Lab06_n) is one of the first Milestone 6 builds of Windows Longhorn. On 23 January 2020, this build was listed on a thread by Grabberslasher, founder of the UX.Unleaked blog, to be released to the BetaArchive FTP, and was released as the first two builds of his 33 Longhorn/Vista builds on 24 January 2020, alongside build 4017.
Setup[edit | edit source]
Although setup overall is similar to previous builds of Windows Longhorn, the fonts that are used during setup now use ClearType.
New features and changes[edit | edit source]
- This build includes a new red aurora wallpaper, featuring a design that is nearly identical to the animated BAML version found in build 4066 onwards.
- The Aero Wizards debuted in this build. The CD Writing Wizard is one of these Aero Wizards, which allows users to burn ISO images to an optical disc.
- 3D icons are included within the Games Center (which would later be renamed to "Games Explorer").
- The taskbar clock will no longer show if the sidebar is present.
- Windows Messenger has been updated to version 6.0.
- Many applets (such as My Computer and the Sync Manager) have gained new icons.
- The Windows Explorer interface received a minor design update, which introduces a dedicated theme resource for the navigation bar and removes the throbber from the main window.
- Although MyTVApp still exists, it no longer displays anything rather than the side panel.
- A shortcut pointing to an internal bug reporting webpage has been added to the desktop.
- ClearType, firstly introduced in Windows XP build 2223, is enabled by default, beginning with this build and up to main compile of build 4042.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Desktop Compositing Engine[edit | edit source]
While the Desktop Compositing Engine works in this build, it doesn't enable Direct3D shaders due to a bug. As the DCE window frames rely on these shaders to function, it is not possible to enable them at this time.