Windows Longhorn build 4029 (Lab06 n)
|Build of Windows Longhorn|
|Timebomb||2003-12-26 (+180 days)|
Windows Longhorn build 4029 (Lab06_n) is a Milestone 6 build of Windows Longhorn. On 2020-01-23, this build was listed on a thread by Grabberslasher, founder of the UX.Unleaked blog, to be released to the BetaArchive FTP, and was released as the first two builds of his 33 Longhorn/Vista builds on 2020-01-24, alongside build 4017.
New features and changes[edit | edit source]
- This build includes a new red aurora wallpaper. The "longhorn milestone 5" text has also been replaced with "LONGHORN M6".
- The Aero Wizards debuted in this build. The CD Writing Wizard is one of these Aero Wizards, which allows users to burn ISO images to an optical disc.
- 3D icons are included within the Games Center (which would later be renamed to "Games Explorer").
- The taskbar clock that was present in builds 4015 to 4029 has been removed in favor of the sidebar clock.
- The desktop also has a new icon, File a Longhorn bug, which leads to an internal webpage.
- Windows Messenger has been updated to version 6.0.
- Many applets (such as My Computer and the Sync Manager) have gained new icons.
- The Explorer interface has been refined. Notably the "Windows flag" throbber has been removed and the navigation bar now has a dedicated theme resource.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- While the Desktop Composition Engine works in this build, the Desktop Composition Engine does not enable Direct3D shaders due a bug. Because the Aero Glass borders rely on these shaders to function, it is not possible to enable the borders at this time.
Installation[edit | edit source]
This build cannot be installed via the CD boot. You can add a loader yourself. For this:
1. Open the install.wim file using PowerISO
2. Open the "0" folder
3. Copy all files from there to the ISO distribution
4. Save the new ISO