Windows Longhorn build 3718
|Build of Windows Longhorn|
|Timebomb||2003-11-09 (+355 days)|
Media Center Edition
Unlike most later builds and even a few earlier builds, it is very stable and is less likely to have Explorer crash.
Changes[edit | edit source]
- Media Center is now referred as "Media Center" in Add or Remove Programs instead of "Freestyle".
Bugs and quirks[edit | edit source]
General[edit | edit source]
- Sometimes when the user logs in, the desktop wallpaper may be reset to none.
Media Center[edit | edit source]
- Once installed, it is impossible to uninstall Media Center.
Control Panel[edit | edit source]
- Classic View is missing in the Control Panel and many applets are missing. Some of the Control Panel applets can be run by running their executable from Run or Command Prompt. However, if the user upgrades from a previous build and its Control Panel was on Classic View prior to the installation, then the Control Panel can be viewed in Classic View, but the user then cannot switch back to Default View.
- If the
WebViewkey is deleted from
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer, the tasks pane will revert back to a Windows XP-esque task pane allowing the user to switch between classic and default views.
- Display Properties mentions the Luna theme as the Plex theme.
MyTVApp[edit | edit source]
MyTVApp now crashes when it is opened, although the Avalon Trust Manager still opens without problems.
Desktop Composition Engine[edit | edit source]
Desktop Composition Engine requires either compatible hardware or VMware Workstation 6.5.x to work (just 6.5x compatibility won't work), otherwise it will result in a black screen that can only be exited by a hard reset.
Tablet PC[edit | edit source]
You can't install the Tablet PC components, because this build's Tablet PC package is broken.
File differences[edit | edit source]
The following files have been introduced or removed compared to build 3713 Professional:
|wcpd.dll||XMF Processor||6.0.3713.0 (Lab06_N.021113-1841)|
|wcpddrv.dll||XMF Driver||6.0.3713.0 (Lab06_N.021113-1841)|
|wcpddui.dll||XMF Printer Driver Properties||6.0.3713.0 (Lab06_N.021113-1841)|