Windows 8 build 8045
|Build of Windows 8|
|Timebomb||2012-03-11 (+242 days)|
New features and changes[edit | edit source]
- Redesigned the system crash screen to resemble the final product, albeit black instead of cerulean and added a sad face
:(emoticon on the left side.
- The wordoku puzzle desktop wallpaper has been tweaked again. This time, the background is dark blue and the wave is enhanced to have a glossy look.
- The Refresh your PC option was added under the name Rejuvenate your PC.
- The loading animation has become larger and whiter in some occasions.
- Setup graphics have been updated to remove Windows 7 references.
- See On Screen (SOS)/Verbose Startup has been completely removed from the system.
- The circle of spinning dots on the boot screen was shrunk in size.
- The right-hand Charms bar is now accessible again without the need for a touchscreen by default via pressing Win+Shift+C.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
If you are using VMware, you must set hardware compatibility to 8.x or below, otherwise you will get a screen which will say
Your computer needs to restart. Please hold down the power button, such as error
0x0000000A. This error would occur right when the system kernel takes over the startup process but immediately crashes.
Start screen[edit | edit source]
The Start screen appears to hide all tiles on boot, until you start interacting with them.
Lock screen[edit | edit source]
On boot, if the Start button has been removed, the lock screen may not display correctly (such as displaying nothing but the lock screen art, or not showing the date).
Microsoft Confidential in winver[edit | edit source]
On this build's
winver.exe dialog box, the text of the disclaimer is colored black instead of the red that is seen in earlier and later builds.
Unlock Metro[edit | edit source]
If you use MetroUnlocker V4, you can treat this build as build 8056.
Metro Apps[edit | edit source]
Sometimes the Metro Apps won’t install correctly so they won’t work in this case.