Windows 7 build 7022
|Build of Windows 7|
|Timebomb||2009-07-01 (+167 days)|
Changes[edit | edit source]
- Setup has been altered slightly.
- The Business SKU is now properly named "Professional", making all SKU names resemblant to the RTM build.
- This build also replaced most of the Windows Vista references with new ones like the texture in the Getting Started page and the Desktop Gadgets executable icon.
- Added Sleep Away by Bob Acri, Kalimba by Mr. Scruff, and Maid with the Flaxen Hair by Richard Stoltzman as sample music.
- Graphical PowerShell now bears its final name, "Windows PowerShell ISE" (Integrated Scripting Environment).
- Paint and WordPad received new Ribbon icons, which would be used in the RTM.
- HomeGroup received its final icon.
Internet Explorer[edit | edit source]
- Internet Explorer 8 has been taken out of beta.
- A new welcome page has been added to setup.
Windows Media Player[edit | edit source]
- The Windows Media Player icon has been altered to the one seen in the RTM.
- The copyright date in the About box has been updated from 2006 to 2008.
- Several UI elements, such as the playback buttons, have been updated.
Control Panel[edit | edit source]
- The sidebar design of Control Panel has been uplifted and is now the same as seen in the RTM.
- The "All Control Panel Items" link has been replaced with the "View by" drop-down.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- On VMware, if Windows Media Center is opened, this build can hang after the intro. At this time, you are not able to reach the security options by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del, the Start menu by pressing the ⊞ Win key and to use either Alt+Tab ↹ or ⊞ Win+Tab ↹ to get out of Windows Media Center, so the only option is a hard reset.
- When logging off, shutting down or restarting,
explorer.execan hang at
Playing logoff sound.... Just click on "Force shutdown", "Force restart" or "Force logoff" and then on "Yes". Alternatively, you can disable both logoff and shutdown sounds in the Sound properties.