Windows 10 build 21359
|Build of Cobalt|
|Architecture||x86, x64, ARM64|
|Timebomb||2021-10-31 (+205 days)|
Home Single Language
Pro Single Language
Pro China Only
Pro Education N
Pro for Workstations
Pro N for Workstations
Enterprise G N
Enterprise N Evaluation
Windows 10 build 21359 is the fourteenth Insider Preview build of Cobalt, the 21H2 development semester of Windows as a service. This build was released on 14 April 2021 to all Windows Insiders on the Dev Channel.
Changes[edit | edit source]
- The News and interests flyout, first introduced in build 21286, has been rolled out to all Windows Insiders on the Dev Channel.
- A new option has been added under the Start menu's power flyout to quickly toggle on or off the ability to restart apps after rebooting the device introduced in May 2020 Update build 18965.
- The ability to upload new activities to timeline has been removed for Microsoft accounts with activity history synchronization across devices enabled except those connected to Azure Active Directory (AAD).
- The Ease of Access page in Settings has been renamed to "Accessibility".
- The Ebrima font now supports characters from Unicode blocks U+A6A0 to U+A6FF (Banum).
- The Nirmala UI font family has received updates to improve the display of combined Chakma characters.
- The new Korean IME, first introduced in May 2020 Update build 18941, has been reverted to the previous version for the third time. It has been reintroduced for the fourth time in Windows 11 build 22454.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
News and interests[edit | edit source]
- Pressing the Esc key to dismiss an opened context menu in the flyout will dismiss the whole flyout instead.
- Sometimes the flyout cannot be dismissed with pen.
Windows Tools[edit | edit source]
- Several non-administrative apps that would previously install to Windows Accessories such as 3D Viewer and Print 3D will appear under this folder.
- When using the dark theme, the folder will have a white background when first launched. To bring the proper black background, open another folder from the navigation pane and then return to Windows Tools.
Auto HDR[edit | edit source]
- Split screen mode does not work in this build.
Camera Settings[edit | edit source]
- Some cameras may not support adjustment in their respective pages when they are also in use by another app.
General[edit | edit source]
- The update process to this build has a chance of hanging for extended periods of time.
- Certain parts of Search, including the File Explorer search box, are not displaying correctly in the dark theme.
- File Explorer is not pinned to the taskbar in clean installations of this build.
- Theme-aware splash screens are not present in this build.
- Some USB-attached printers might not work in this build.
- Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) users might notice a slow launch performance for File Explorer.