Set the longhorn 3683 to 2002-09-24[edit source]
- That's a lie. Bubblebeam (talk) 15:03, 29 July 2021 (UTC)
- Why? 2001:F90:40C0:A072:10D6:7825:C69E:30F7 09:40, 20 June 2022 (UTC)
Should Android (Surface Duo variant) be renamed to Android 10 (Surface Duo variant)?[edit source]
The Duo 2 runs Android 11 instead of 10, and an upgrade is also planned for the original Duo. The emulator has been updated too.
- What does this have to do with the main page? --Ryuzaki 19:21, 7 November 2021 (UTC)
- I agree with Ryu here; this question would be more suited towards the community portal. - Rhinozz (talk) 20:02, 7 November 2021 (UTC)
Windows 8.1 build 9600.18231?[edit source]
- Well, guess what? I'd looked up on Google and it is not a real build, but likely a file version. Also, RTM update builds are not allowed unless it's significantly special (such as being a post-RTM/having a timebomb, build 6003, and/or Windows 10/11 post-GA builds). Bubblebeam (talk) 23:59, 26 November 2021 (UTC)
Apology/Ban Appeal[edit source]
- If you want to prove this, you better start actually editing mainspace pages instead of using this wiki as your personal web host. BF10 (talk) 14:43, 12 January 2022 (UTC)
Fake Image for Andromeda[edit source]
So I found this EXTREMELY fake image of Windows Andromeda...or AndromedaOS. Doesn't matter. The logo is badly drawn, that stock-looking cat from Windows Insider, and to know that it's drawn out, there's a marker tool. I hope this is changed. If this doesn't work, it's OK. P.S: I just wanted to post this and I don't know how to send this to the mods. Fingers crossed I don't get banned! PolygonYT (talk) 19:22 29 January 2022 (UTC)
- You mean the image on said page showing off one of the apps? Xeno (talk) 19:24, 29 January 2022 (UTC)
- Yes, well...sort of. It has to show off the actual DESKTOP, not just one of the apps. One of the apps goes in the Gallery. PolygonYT (talk) 19:27 29 January 2022 (UTC)
- While I agree that a better image should have been uploaded. The image currently on the page is showing off the whiteboard app, which is part of the OS. It's not fake Xeno (talk) 19:29, 29 January 2022 (UTC)
- Is that a no then? PolygonYT (talk) 19:51, 29 January 2022 (UTC)
Two new page suggestions, NTVDM and Adobe Flash.[edit source]
Is anyone here interested in doing pages for NTVDM and Adobe Flash for this wiki?
For the former, it was a system component exclusive to the 32-bit versions of Windows NT from 1993 with the release of Windows NT 3.1 up until its final appearance in Windows 10 in 2015, which was never available on 64-bit platforms, that Microsoft killed off with the release of Windows 11 which was only released for 64-bit x86-64 and ARM64 CPUs with no 32-bit version available, which ultimately discontinued development of NTVDM after 23 years. The page for NTVDM should be put into the Windows components category for this wiki.
Now for the latter, it was a multimedia platform used in website and many browser games from 1996 up until 2020 that was designed for PCs. It was briefly also available for mobile devices up until 2012, as Adobe knew Flash wasn't capable for mobile devices. Its decline started in April 2010 when Steve Jobs published the open letter "Thoughts on Flash" criticizing Flash's proprietary nature, abysmal performance on mobile devices, batter consumption, security problems, and lack of touch support, to which Jobs stated that HTML5 will win on both mobile devices and PCs, and ultimately, he was indeed right. The continuing decline of Flash itself and many web browsers blocking support by default resulted in Adobe rebranding their Flash animation software to Animate for use in HTML5 animations, and Adobe announced its end-of-life for the end of December 2020. Since January 2021, Flash content is blocked from most web browsers and most web browsers just completely removed support for Flash altogether, and I honestly think that Windows 11 removed the built-in Flash Player component introduced in Windows 8 and last included in Windows 10. There are at least two variants still supported for now, one for enterprise uses by Harman which is supported until the end of 2023, and a version designed by Zhongcheng for Mainland China, though dare I say to you, the latter version isn't any good. The page for Adobe Flash should be put into the Applications category for this wiki.