Windows XP build 2485
|Build of Windows XP|
|Timebomb||2001-11-27 (+180 days)|
Windows XP build 2485 is a pre-RC1 build of Windows XP.
New features and changes[edit | edit source]
- The Homestead and Metallic themes are now called Olive Green and Silver respectively which persists in the RTM.
- The font used in the out-of-box experience for the speech bubbles of the question mark is now Arial instead of Comic Sans.
- The Drumkit Test MIDI file is included starting with this build. It would be later removed in build 2520.
- The default wallpaper has been changed from Bliss to Windows XP Professional until this change was reverted in build 2535.
- This is also the first build to have the final version of XP's branding wallpaper. It replaced the previous one seen since build 2465.
- The copyright dates are now shown in the lower-left corner of the
winverbanner as opposed to "Version 2002" seen in previous builds.
- The Windows XP sounds are now used by default instead of the ones used by Windows 2000. The sounds are now compressed unlike build 2481, with most of the sounds downsampled to Mono at 22.05 kHz.
- The illustration images for the new and classic Start menu in the taskbar properties has been changed. This remained until build 2600.3180.