Windows Me build 2380.2
|Build of Windows Me|
|Timebomb||2000-03-15 (+177 days)|
Windows Me build 2380.2 is the official Beta 1 release of Windows Me.
New features and changes[edit | edit source]
- Changed the boot screen to be labeled as Beta One instead of Developer Release.
- System Restore (also known as PC Restore) is now present on the Start menu, but it's disabled by default.
- Help Center was renamed to Help and Support and updated to appear like the Activity Centers.
- Windows NetMeeting has been updated from version 3.01 to 3.03.
- Microsoft Agent 2.0 is now included, which enables Merlin on the new OOBE.
Minimal Bootis now an option when booting from a startup disk made in this build.
Enabling System Restore[edit | edit source]
To enable System Restore, open the Registry Editor, open the key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\VxD\_VxDMon, and set the
SystemRestore value to
Y, then restart the system. After that you can start System Restore from the Start menu (in the
Programs\Accessories\System Tools folder), though restoring to a restore point made before you enabled System Restore will cause it to disable itself again.
Neptune reference[edit | edit source]
One file, namely
gemstar.sys, with the version number 5.50.5067.1 and product name Microsoft(R) Neptune (TM) Operating System was found in this Millennium build, but it is unknown whether this Neptune build ever existed.
Some speculate it would probably be part of the Milestone 1 stage. Judging by the file dates, it would have been compiled before 20 September 1999.