Windows 98 build 1569
|Build of Windows 98|
|Timebomb||1998-01-31 (+166 days)|
Windows 98 build 1569 is a beta 2 build of Windows 98, which was found on the Crazybytes 18 warez CD compilation.
Changes[edit | edit source]
- The Windows Explorer style was reverted back to a style that is similar to what is seen in older builds.
- Various new icons are used for certain items such as My Computer and the Recycle Bin, as opposed to the Plus! 95 icons seen in earlier builds.
- Changed the introductory video in the Welcome to Windows 98 applet. Said video focuses on a brief history of multimedia. It would later be reused in Release Candidate builds of Windows Me.
- Microsoft Wallet is included in the list of optional components in Windows Setup, although it is unclear where or if it is attached to the user interface anywhere.
- There are some new options in the Add User wizard that would make their way into the final build of 98.
- The setup billboards have been updated and "Setup steps" located at the top of the sidebar has been removed.
- Microsoft NetMeeting is included, this time version 2.1.
- Microsoft Agent 1.5 is included.
- The About box of Internet Explorer 4 received its final appearance, except that the OK button looks different compared to later builds.
Microsoft Family Logon[edit | edit source]
A new banner (bizarrely using Windows 95 branding) has been introduced, which is now at the top instead of the left side.