Windows 98 build 1559
|Build of Windows 98|
|Timebomb||1998-01-31 (+179 days)|
Windows 98 build 1559 is a beta 2 build of Windows 98. It was shared on 6 June 2011.
Changes[edit | edit source]
- This build reuses Active Desktop by default. The Channel Bar has been introduced as well.
- Web View has been updated.
- The icon of System Configuration of Windows Setup has been changed from a computer to a drum, making it resemble the final product.
- DirectX has been updated to version 5.2.
- The reference to Windows 95 in
winverhas been replaced with "Windows 98". Also the copyright date has been changed from 1981-1995 to 1981-1998, despite this build was still compiled in 1997.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Installation[edit | edit source]
Setup has a
WINSETUP.BIN that is not recognized by setup at all times and causes setup to crash on most virtualizers except Microsoft Virtual PC, 86Box, VARCem, and some versions of VMware, due to incorrect emulation of the segment limits of the CPU core. To patch this build to run on any virtualizer, use a
WINSETUP.BIN from an earlier build or the RTM.