Windows 8 build 8176
|Build of Windows 8|
|Timebomb||2013-01-15 (+377 days)|
Windows 8 build 8176 is a build of Windows 8. This build was leaked on 4 January 2019.
New features and changes[edit | edit source]
- The setup background color has been changed from grayish blue to dark teal.
- This build contains all of the wallpapers used in the official Consumer Preview build (except for the default and Theme2 wallpapers).
- As of 2021, it is the last leaked build of Windows 8 to include a Start button on the taskbar.
- The PC Settings app has been redesigned into the RTM iteration.
Bugs and quirks[edit | edit source]
USB 3.0[edit | edit source]
This build appears to have a broken XHCI driver, and therefore will BSOD during setup if USB 3.0 is enabled. Disabling USB 3.0 for the VM (or from BIOS/UEFI, on real hardware) should fix this problem.
BSOD on adjusting the DPI settings[edit | edit source]
Adjusting the DPI settings will make it freeze and then crash the system instead of the prompt "You must log off your computer to apply these changes". However, after restarting, the adjusted DPI settings will be applied.
Intel Graphics driver black screen bug[edit | edit source]
It is recommended to NOT install the Intel Graphics driver, as it will cause a black screen bug to occur, effectively rendering the display useless.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Установка и обзор новой слитой сборки Windows 8 build 8176 - YouTube - at 9:13, a BSOD appears after adjusting DPI settings.