Windows 8 build 8176
|Build of Windows 8|
|Timebomb||2013-01-15 (+377 days)|
Windows 8 build 8176 is a pre-Consumer Preview build of Windows 8. This build was leaked on 2019-01-04.
Features[edit | edit source]
- The setup background color has been changed from grayish blue to dark teal.
- This build contains all of the wallpapers used in the Consumer Preview (except for the default and Theme2 wallpapers).
- As of 2020, it's the last known build of Windows 8 to include a Start button on the taskbar.
- The Settings app has been redesigned into the RTM iteration.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
USB 3.0[edit | edit source]
This build appears to have a broken XHCI driver, and therefore will BSOD during setup if USB 3.0 is enabled. Disabling USB 3.0 for the VM (or from BIOS/UEFI, on real hardware) should fix this problem.
BSOD on adjusting DPI settings[edit | edit source]
Adjusting DPI settings will freeze and then crash the system instead of the prompt "You must log off your computer to apply these changes". However, after restarting, the adjusted DPI settings will be applied. 
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Установка и обзор новой слитой сборки Windows 8 build 8176 - YouTube - at 9:13, BSOD appears after adjusting DPI settings.