Windows 7 build 6780
|Build of Windows 7|
|Timebomb||2009-07-01 (+306 days)|
New features and changes[edit | edit source]
- Setup has been heavily updated to resemble the RTM, but it uses the background that is seen in the official beta build.
- This build has a new boot screen showing a new progress bar.
- The login screen is updated to resemble the official beta.
- Calculator, Paint, WordPad and Sticky Notes have all received numerous updates, taking advantage of the new Ribbon interface for the latter two. Calculator's appearance resembles that of the RTM.
- The OOBE is now in 1024x768.
- Display in the desktop dropdown menu has now been renamed to Display Settings.
- IE8 now shows a "Set Up Windows Internet Explorer 8" window when first opened.
- Desktop Gadget Gallery supports snapping gadgets to the right side of the screen, however it is buggy and thus it is difficult to take the gadgets out of the snap area.
- Gadgets are no longer shown by default.
- Welcome Center no longer appears when logging in.
- When saving files, folders are shown by default.
- The system tray resembles that of the RTM.
- UAC doesn't have a transparent background.
- Windows Preinstallation Environment was updated with a new background.
- Accelerators were introduced in Control Panel for Internet Explorer.
- The default color for Windows Explorer toolbar and panes is now light blue.
- The Windows Media Player version was updated from 11 to 12.
- This build is the earliest to include ringtones.
- Some strings during an upgrade have been modified slightly.
- The quirk from build 6730 has been fixed in this build.
- The Aero theme had some changes. The Glass texture is now the one seen previously in build 6608.
- This is the last build to use Windows Mail.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- The System Reserved partition is shown in Explorer for no apparent reason.
- It is not possible to upgrade to this build due to an issue in the method where Windows Setup handles disk volumes.