Windows 7 build 6780
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Build of Windows 7|
|Timebomb||2009-07-01 (+306 days)|
New features and changes[edit | edit source]
- Setup has been heavily updated to resemble the RTM, but with the beta background.
- This build has a new boot screen showing a new progress bar.
- The login screen is updated to resemble the official beta.
- Calculator, Paint, WordPad and Sticky Notes have all received numerous updates, taking advantage of the new Ribbon interface for the latter two. Calculator's appearance resembles that of the RTM.
- The OOBE is now in 1024x768.
- Display in the desktop dropdown menu has now been renamed to Display Settings.
- IE8 now shows a "Set Up Windows Internet Explorer 8" window when first opened.
- Desktop Gadget Gallery supports snapping gadgets to the right side of the screen, however it is buggy and taking gadgets out of the snap area is really hard.
- Gadgets are no longer shown by default.
- Welcome Center no longer appears when logging in.
- When saving files, folders are shown by default.
- The system tray resembles that of the RTM.
- UAC doesn't have a transparent background.
- Windows Preinstallation Environment was updated with a new background.
- Accelerators were introduced in Control Panel for Internet Explorer.
- The default color for Windows Explorer toolbar and panes is now light blue.
- Windows Media Player version is updated to 12.
- This build is the earliest to include ringtones.
- Some strings during an upgrade have been modified slightly.
- This build isn't different than the previous builds, aside the quirk from build 6730 has been fixed in this build.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- The System Reserved partition is shown in Explorer for no apparent reason.
- It is not possible to upgrade to this build due to an error in which
One or more disk volumes present were formatted in an incompatible way by a newer version of Windows.