Windows 2000 build 2068
|Build of Windows 2000|
|Timebomb||+444 days after original install date|
Windows 2000 build 2068 is a build of Windows 2000.
New features and changes[edit | edit source]
- Updated the Server boot screen to resemble the version used in the RTM, but it is labeled "Servers" instead of "Server Family".
- Added a gradient bar to
winver.exeback under the Windows 2000 banner.
- Changed the hibernating screen text to
Hibernating...and the font to "Arial" instead of "Microsoft Sans Serif" as seen in the RTM.
- Removed the "Beta 3" tag from the logon banners.
- Removed the "Pre-release" tag from the desktop watermark.
- The Windows 2000 branding without the SKU name is now used for all SKUs during setup.
- The shutting down dialog has been updated to resemble the RTM. However, it still reads
Writing unsaved data to the disk....
- Internet Explorer has been updated from 5.0 to 5.01, along with a new banner in the About box.
- When booting into setup, the notification has been reworded, with the BETA term being replaced with Evaluation.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
When upgrading to build 2031 on some machines, after the "Installing devices" section of the setup, the screen will turn black and will not come back. The only workaround is to boot to the CD, repair the install, and proceed with the installation as usual. This server SKU-specific bug persists until build 2190.