Windows 2000 build 1745.1
|Build of Windows 2000|
|Timebomb||1998-10-10 (+241 days)|
Changes[edit | edit source]
- The final page of GUI setup now shows the dialog with the final tasks in a Wizard97-style window.
- GUI setup no longer restarts automatically when this build is been clean installed. The automatic restart now only affects the upgrade setup.
Bugs and quirks[edit | edit source]
- This build's Internet Explorer is completely broken, showing an error message even when trying to load an error page.
- Web View does not function at all, unlike in build 1743 which fails to display icons and the file list.
- Unlike build 1743, this build's CD is not bootable.
Installation[edit | edit source]
Installing this build in hypervisors will result in a BSOD on startup due to incompatibility with the floppy disk controller file,
FDC.SYS. Either delete or rename it, which will disable access to floppy disk drives, or replace it with a later build's
FDC.SYS (except build 1796) after text-mode setup by using a DOS/Windows 9x boot disk.
Hibernation[edit | edit source]
The hibernation in this build doesn't work, as it will return you back to the desktop instead.