Windows 2000 build 1745
|Build of Windows 2000|
|Timebomb||+240 days after original install date|
Windows 2000 build 1745 is a Beta 1 build of Windows 2000 that was found on 9 September 2011.
Changes[edit | edit source]
- The final page of the GUI setup now shows the dialog with the final tasks in a Wizard97-style window. Additionally, the design of the headline space has been changed to no longer show a CD, but instead parts of the Windows NT logo used in later beta 2 builds on the right side.
- GUI setup no longer restarts automatically when this build is being clean installed. The automatic restart now only affects upgrading.
Bugs and quirks[edit | edit source]
Internet Explorer[edit | edit source]
Internet Explorer is completely broken, showing an error message even when trying to load an error page.
Windows Explorer[edit | edit source]
Web View does not function at all, unlike in build 1743, which fails to display icons and the file list.
Installation[edit | edit source]
- Unlike build 1743, this build's CD is not bootable. You will need to create and format the partition and run
WINNT.EXEwith a DOS/Windows 9x boot disk or upgrade from a previous build.
- Installing this build in hypervisors will result in a quick crash on startup due to incompatibility with the floppy disk controller file
FDC.SYS. Either delete or rename it, which will disable access to floppy disk drives, or replace it with a later build's
FDC.SYS(except build 1796) after text-mode setup by using a DOS/Windows 9x boot disk.
- It is not possible to install or upgrade to this build from build 1671 or build 1701 due to an trap error. This bug persists until build 1796.
Hibernation[edit | edit source]
Hibernation is non-functional, as it will return you back to the desktop instead.