Windows 11 build 25140
|Build of Copper|
|Timebomb||2022-09-15 (+97 days)|
Pro (N, Single Language, China)
Pro Education (N)
Pro for Workstations (N)
Enterprise (Evaluation, G, GN, N, N Evaluation)
Windows 11 build 25140 is the twelfth Insider Preview and the sixth available client build of Copper, the 23H2 development semester of Windows as a service. It was released to Windows Insiders in the Dev Channel on 15 June 2022, along with its server counterpart.
Components from the AMD64 version of this build were discovered on the Microsoft Symbol Server one day prior to this build being released. This was the last Insider build pushed to users in Russia and Belarus as Microsoft cut off access to Windows Update from these countries a few days later due to the geopolitical situation.
New features and changes[edit | edit source]
Settings[edit | edit source]
When renaming a drive label in the Disks & Volumes page, the current drive name will be prepopulated in the dialog.
Miscellaneous[edit | edit source]
The font for the Euphemia typeface has been updated with new Unicode 14 glyphs for the Nattilik language, as well as improvements to legibility and screen rendering.
Bugfixes[edit | edit source]
General[edit | edit source]
- Fixed an issue where calls to
CreateAcceleratorTablewould fail if the
LPACCELparameter was the address of an odd numbered index into an array of
- Fixed an issue with x64 emulation on ARM64 which could result in certain apps crashing on launch with error code
- Fixed an issue causing audio to stop playing in certain apps after a minute.
File Explorer[edit | edit source]
- Fixed an issue that was causing the
0x80070026error when copying files from network drives.
- Fixed an issue where the active tab color didn't match the command bar below it.
- Fixed an issue where dragging to rearrange tabs wasn't working sometimes.
- Fixed an issue which could cause artifacts in the windows thumbnail preview in the taskbar if File Explorer was maximized and ⊞ Win+M is pressed to minimize it.
Input[edit | edit source]
- Fixed an issue where selecting English (New Zealand) in the out-of-box experience unexpectedly leads to the Arabic (101) keyboard getting selected.
- Fixed an issue where setting language bar hotkeys for switching input directly to specific non-IME input method won't work correctly.
- Fixed an issue that was causing some settings such as new user account locale, Input (Keyboard), and UPLL (User Preferred Language List) to not getting updated when attempting to install one of those languages using the
- Fixed an issue causing Batang, BatangChe, Gungsuh, and GungsuhChe fonts to not render Korean correctly when using Office online apps when these fonts were not locally present on the device.
Task Manager[edit | edit source]
- Fixed a crash that could happen when switching modes in pages other than the Processes page.
- A small adjustment has been made to the intensity of the colors used in the heatmap on the Processes page.
Bugs and quirks[edit | edit source]
General[edit | edit source]
- Some games that use Easy Anti-Cheat may crash or cause the device to bugcheck.
- Shutting down Windows via the Start menu may unexpectedly reboot the device in some cases.
- Surface Pro X devices may hit a black screen when attempting to resume from hibernate in this build.
Shell[edit | edit source]
- The Mica material and Acrylic blur effect may not render correctly in OS surfaces like the Start menu, Notification Center and other areas.
- The Up button next to File Explorer address bar may be misaligned with other buttons.
- This issue will only be encountered if the tabbed browsing feature is enabled on the device.
- Launching File Explorer when using dark mode may unexpectedly show the body of File Explorer in light mode.
Widgets[edit | edit source]
Widgets preferences, such as temperature units and pinned widgets, may unexpectedly reset to default in some cases.
[edit | edit source]
- Certain apps in full screen (e.g., video players) may prevent live captions from being visible.
- Certain apps positioned near the top of the screen and closed before live captions is run may re-launch behind the live captions window positioned at top.
Safe mode[edit | edit source]
- Quick Settings and date/time clock on the taskbar may be missing due to the
Capability Access Manager Serviceservice not running.
- Clicking Bluetooth & devices and Personalization pages may crash the Settings app due to an overrun of a stack-based buffer