Windows 11 build 22631.2191
|Build of Windows 11, version 23H2
|Windows 11 (NT 10.0)
|Home (N, Single Language, China)
Pro (N, Single Language, China)
Pro Education (N)
Pro for Workstations (N)
Enterprise (Evaluation, G, GN, N, N Evaluation)
Windows 11 build 22631.2191 is a build of Windows 11, version 23H2. It was released to a subset of Windows Insiders in the Beta Channel on 10 August 2023 as the KB5027397 enablement update to build 22621.2191 (KB5029336) for new features included, which may not be enabled by default and instead be rolled out.
New features and changes[edit | edit source]
Features[edit | edit source]
The following features and changes have been backported to this build:
- The support of JPEG XR high dynamic range (HDR) wallpaper on HDR displays (implemented in build 23493)
- Several property fields (e.g., drive information, image dimensions, number of pages) that are re-added to the new Details pane in File Explorer (implemented in build 23516)
- Small adjustments to the size of elements under the the Home page in File Explorer, including reducing the size of the text (implemented in build 23516)
- New Narrator natural voices in English (India), French, German, Korean and Portuguese (implemented in build 23516)
Bugfixes[edit | edit source]
File Explorer[edit | edit source]
- Fixed an issue that was causing
explorer.exeto crash when navigating to the Home page, as well as some other issues causing crashes.
- Fixed an issue that was causing
explorer.exeto crash when trying to access an FTP address.
- Fixed a memory leak in File Explorer which could cause
explorer.execrashes and other issues over prolonged usage.
- Fixed an issue where after refreshing the Home page, actions to pin and unpin favorite files might not work.
- Fixed an issue where the tooltip would get stuck on the screen when scrolling the Home page with touch.
- Fixed an issue where collapsing and expanding the sections of the Home page didn't always work.
- Fixed an issue where the Home and Gallery pages could get stuck in the wrong colors if they were open when changing between light and dark mode.
- Fixed an issue where thumbnails in the Gallery page might not load after changing the view to a smaller icon size.
- Fixed an issue where setting focus to the address bar by pressing Alt+D, Ctrl+L or F4 wouldn't work.
- Fixed an issue where typing drive letters, environment variables, and other strings in the address bar wasn't causing suggested paths to appear in a dropdown.
- Fixed an issue where the icons displayed in the tabs could become out of sync with the current folder after navigating.
- Fixed an issue which was causing File Explorer to show the "Working on it" message in an empty folder.
- Fixed an issue where the image in the Details pane might get blurry after resizing the File Explorer window.
- Fixed an issue where the design of the details pane was displaying from left to right instead of right to left when using Hebrew or Arabic display languages.
- Fixed an issue where the text box for naming newly created files or folders on the desktop was showing in the wrong position (far away or way too close) relative to the thumbnail.
- Fixed an issue where pressing Alt+P and ⇧ Shift+Alt+P wouldn't work when focus was set to one of the images in the Gallery page.
- Fixed an issue where right clicking items in the navigation pane wouldn;t open a context menu after users changed folders.
- Fixed an issue where selecting the dropdown arrows in the address bar was opening a blank menu.
Settings[edit | edit source]
Fixed an issue where devices might show as empty squares under Personalization > Dynamic Lighting.
Bugs and quirks[edit | edit source]
- When logging in to Safe mode,
explorer.exemay throw an
Unknown Hard Errorerror and get stuck in a crash loop due to the
ACCESS_VIOLATION) exception with faulting module
- The Safely Remove Hardware icon in the system tray on the taskbar may sometimes disappear.
- The context menu background in File Explorer may appear transparent in certain cases.
- The icons on the desktop may appear blank in certain cases. Refreshing the desktop would resolve this issue.
- The Japanese and Chinese IMEs may not work correctly.