Windows 11 build 22621.1
|Build of Windows 11 2022 Update|
Pro (N, Single Language, China)
Pro Education (N)
Pro for Workstations (N)
Enterprise (Evaluation, G, GN, N, N Evaluation)
Windows 11 build 22621.1 is the base build for most subsequent builds of Windows 11 2022 Update. It was released to Windows Insiders in the Beta Channel on 11 May 2022 (along with Copper build 25115), and then to the Release Preview Channel on 7 June 2022.
Files from the debug compile of the x64 architecture were discovered on the Microsoft Symbol Server on 25 June 2022.
New features and changes[edit | edit source]
Miscellaneous[edit | edit source]
The underlying speech platform has been updated to improve voice activity detection for voice access, live captions, and voice typing, as well as address some issues with how punctuation is recognized.
Bugfixes[edit | edit source]
Shell[edit | edit source]
- Fixed an issue leading to users encountering the
0x800703e6error when copying files from Google Drive.
- Fixed an issue where if users had ever opened the context menu, doing Ctrl+Alt+Del and cancelling would lead to
- Fixed an issue related to loading the system tray icons under the Taskbar page in the Settings app which could cause it to crash when opening that page recently.
Windows Security[edit | edit source]
Fixed an issue which could result in Smart App Control unexpectedly blocking correctly signed applications.
Bugs and quirks[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Certain apps in full screen (e.g., video players) may prevent live captions from being visible.
- Certain apps positioned near the top of the screen and closed before live captions is run may re-launch behind the live captions window positioned at top.
Safe mode[edit | edit source]
- Quick Settings and date/time clock on the taskbar may be missing due to the
Capability Access Manager Serviceservice not running.
- Clicking Bluetooth & devices and Personalization pages may crash the Settings app due to an overrun of a stack-based buffer