Windows 11 build 22526
|Build of Nickel|
|Timebomb||2022-09-15 (+274 days)|
Pro (N, Single Language, China)
Pro Education (N)
Pro for Workstations (N)
Enterprise (Evaluation, G, GN, N, N Evaluation)
Windows 11 build 22526 is the sixteenth Insider Preview build of Nickel, the 22H1 development semester of Windows as a service. It was released to Windows Insiders in the Dev Channel on 6 January 2022, one day after its server counterpart.
New features and changes[edit | edit source]
Shell[edit | edit source]
The ability to show Alt+Tab as windowed instead of full screen has been rolled out to a subset of users.
Miscellaneous[edit | edit source]
- Added wideband speech support for Apple AirPods products (such as AirPods, AirPods Pro, or AirPods Max).
- Credential Guard is now enabled by default on Windows 11 Enterprise (E3 and E5 subscriptions) licensed devices that are enterprise-joined.
- It has been available in build 22518, but disabled by default.
- More file locations have been indexed to make searching process in Files Explorer more quicker.
Bugfixes[edit | edit source]
- Address an issue where if used search in File Explorer, and then
explorer.execrashed, the next time trying to search in File Explorer it wouldn't work.
- Fixed the recent searches flyout getting stuck on the screen (appearing transparent except the border).
- Improved the resolution of app icons displayed in search results when the display scaling was set to greater than 100%.
- When using Spotlight collection, the current image should migrate on upgrade now if the build was used to upgrading are from build 22523 or higher.
- Fixed an issue result in the Widgets board potentially not having the correct resolution when hovering over the entry point on a secondary monitor.
- Addressed an issue where the Widgets board would temporarily be blank, showing only an Add Widgets button (which also opened to a blank dialog).
- Fixed an issue where remote desktop users would encounter a bugcheck
KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLEDwhen attempting to shutdown or restart.
- Microsoft Store should no longer show a message that trying to install the latest Web Media Extension update is returning error code
- Addressed a DWM crash impacting some users in build 22523.
Bugs and quirks[edit | edit source]
- Some devices may fail to update drivers and firmware with an error code
- The network icon may sometimes go missing in the taskbar. Restarting
explorer.exeshould fix this issue.
- The Search panel may not open after clicking the Search icon on the taskbar. Restarting
explorer.exeshould fix this issue.
- Users may fail to sign into certain built-in apps, such as Feedback Hub. Restarting Windows should fix this issue.
- Right-clicking on the date and time on the taskbar on the primary monitor when multiple monitors are connected may lead
- The signal strength indicators may not reflect the correct signal strength when viewing the list of available Wi-Fi networks in the Settings app.
- The Settings app may crash when going to HDR section under System page.
- A blank entry may appear under Bluetooth & Devices page in Settings app.
- Settings may crash when trying to access the Installed Apps, Startup Apps, and Default Apps pages.
- Changing the taskbar alignment may cause the Widgets button to disappear from taskbar.
- When having multiple monitors, Widgets content on taskbar may get out of sync between monitors.
- The information such as temperature may not show on a left-aligned taskbar.
- Some text authoring commands, e.g., "select that" or "delete that", may not work as expected across Windows applications when using voice access.
- Recognition of some punctuation marks and symbols, such as the @ sign, are not accurate when using voice access.
- Users may see a longer period of time before speech is stopped when pressing the Ctrl key in continuous reading scenarios.
- Attempting to open a folder named "advanced" may open up the "Advanced sharing settings" page in Settings app.