|Version of Ubuntu|
|Release date||14 October 2021|
Behind the codename[edit | edit source]
The adjective "impish" means being michevious or being devilish. Indri (also known as a babakoto) is one of the largest living lemurs and is a native to Madagascar.
Changes[edit | edit source]
- GNOME Desktop 40.4 is now the default desktop environment, replacing GNOME 3.38.
- Mozilla Firefox, along with other applications is now a
snapapplication by default.
- When the
snapdpackage is removed, it automatically reinstalls when the user attempts an upgrade, or while installing a package.
- A placeholder Ubuntu logo is used in place of the OEM logo if no OEM logo is found in the firmware.
- The Trash is intregated to the Dock, just like Unity, which was actually copied from macOS.
Criticism[edit | edit source]
Following the release of Ubuntu 21.10, the operating system received a heavy amount of backlash. Most notably being the often enforcement and the poor performance of
Bugs and quirks[edit | edit source]
- The new version of Nouveau, an open-source NVIDIA video driver, does not work with newer NVIDIA cards such as GTX 10 series. Devices with these graphic cards will be unable to boot the system.