|Version of Ubuntu|
|Release date||28 April 2011|
|Support end||28 October 2012|
|User interface||GNOME, Unity|
Ubuntu 11.04 is a version of Ubuntu, which was released on 28 April 2011. The panels are in the light theme but title bars are still in the dark theme. This is the last version of Ubuntu to use GNOME 2, being replaced with Unity. However, Unity was found as early as 10.10 in the Netbook edition.
Changes[edit | edit source]
- The color used for the background of text-mode setup has been changed from blue to purple.
- Many apps from the GNOME Project have been replaced. For example, the Rhythmbox music player has been replaced with Banshee.
- Firefox has been updated to version 4.
- OpenOffice.org has been replaced with LibreOffice.
Fixes[edit | edit source]
- The boot screen will now show the Ubuntu logo instead of
Ubuntu 11.04in some configurations.