iPhone OS 3
|Version of iPhone OS|
|Codename||Kirkwood (3.0 - 3.0.1)|
Northstar (3.1 - 3.1.2)
Wildcat (3.2 - 3.2.2)
|Latest build||7B500 (3.2.2)|
iPhone OS 3 is the third version of iPhone OS (iOS), which was released on 17 June 2009. It was announced on 17 March 2009. This was the last version to be branded as "iPhone OS", before being changed to "iOS".
New features and changes[edit | edit source]
Cut, copy, and paste[edit | edit source]
The system-wide cut, copy, and paste features have been added for text and images.
Home screen[edit | edit source]
- Spotlight search has been added. It can be accessed by swiping to the right from the home screen.
- The home screen now allows showing up to 11 pages of apps. (180 apps in total.)
Voice Memos[edit | edit source]
Voice Memos has been added, which can be used to create audio recordings.
Messages[edit | edit source]
Messages has been updated to support MMS.[a]
Camera and Photos[edit | edit source]
- The Camera app was updated to support video-recording.[b]
- The ability to select multiple photos at once in the Photos app has been added.
Voice Control[edit | edit source]
The Voice Control feature has been added.[b]
Find My iPhone[edit | edit source]
Find My iPhone support has been added, which allows users who have purchased a MobileMe subscription to remotely track and erase their iPhone.
Developers[edit | edit source]
- App developers can now access third-party accessories attached to an iPhone.
- Support for in-app purchases has been added.