Windows XP build 2419 (idx02.010113-1154)
(Redirected from Windows XP build 2419)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Build of Windows XP|
|Timebomb||2001-07-13 (+181 days)|
Windows XP build 2419 (idx02.010113-1154) is a pre-Beta 2 build of Windows XP.
New changes and features[edit | edit source]
- It introduces a Luna-esque setup system, complete with an overhauled OOBE background.
- The Sample Test Visual Style themes has been updated, including new fading animations and an overhauled Start Menu design.
- It also has a new boot screen exclusive to this build.
- A prototype version of the XP tour is included as well (in
C:\WINDOWS\Help\Tours), which includes looping images of flowers and astronauts set to music with the title of HelloWorld.
- The Windows Product Activation application can be found in the Start menu. However, it is set at zero days because it is not added completely, and thus will not trigger anytime. If the user presses next on the application window, it will instantly say that Windows is activated.
- Spider Solitaire from Windows Me is added, and the Internet Games has gained new icons.
- Six new wallpapers have been added: Azul, Bliss, Follow me (known as Follow in build 2465 onwards), Moon flower, Red moon desert and Vortec space. The leftover Windows 2000 wallpapers have been removed, with the exception of its branding wallpaper.
- Nine user account pictures are introduced in this build.
- Individual beta testers were given unique product keys starting with this build, in an effort to prevent leaks. The product key listed on this page supposedly also worked with other products including timebombed (evaluation) Windows 2000 RTM; it was probably already widely known in 2001, and someone probably tried every widely known product key of the era until they found one that worked. It is currently unknown which of the two ECC public keys in this build's
PIDGEN.DLLare identical to previous builds.