Windows Me build 2460
|Build of Windows Me|
|Timebomb||2000-08-15 (+196 days)|
Windows Me build 2460 is a pre-Beta 3 build of Windows Me.
Changes[edit | edit source]
- Updated parts of the Windows Explorer interface.
- Introduced the Millennium Edition branding to the start menu banner.
- Changed the file a bug report icon to a purple book with a yellow help icon and a monitor on it. This icon would be present up to Windows XP build 2410.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Installation[edit | edit source]
- During the final part of upgrading, there will be an error letting the user know that
Your system allows only 1 instance(s) of Microsoft Family Login. Pressing OK will continue setup as normal.
S3 drivers[edit | edit source]
- When using S3 video adapters, Windows will complain that its own drivers will not work properly, thus the display will be stuck at
640x480x4bpp. This error will also appear upon every boot and other drivers cannot be installed correctly, meaning that S3 video adapters are not recommendable for this build.
Neptune reference[edit | edit source]
A total of 8 files with the version number 5.50.5116.1 were found in this Millennium build, but it is unknown whether this Neptune build ever existed.
Some speculate this would've been a Milestone 2 build. It would've been compiled someday after 11 December 1999, meaning it would be one of the last Neptune builds before the Neptune project was canceled in January 2000.
icam3ext.dll icam4com.dll icam4ext.dll icmui.dll lvcam.sys philcam1.dll phvfwext.dll wstdecod.dll