Windows 11 build 25120.1000
|Build of Copper|
|Timebomb||2022-09-15 (+125 days)|
|Home (N, Single Language, China)|
Pro (N, Single Language, China)
Pro Education (N)
Pro for Workstations (N)
Enterprise (Evaluation, G, GN, N, N Evaluation)
Windows 11 build 25120.1000 is the eighth Insider Preview and the second available client build of Copper, the 23H1 development semester of Windows as a service. It was released to Windows Insiders in the Dev Channel on 18 May 2022, along with its server counterpart.
New features and changes[edit | edit source]
Shell[edit | edit source]
An experimental search box has been added in the upper-center area of the desktop which allows users to perform a Bing search and see the search results in Microsoft Edge. It can be toggled with the "Show search" option in the legacy desktop context menu.
This feature is only available to a subset of users, but can be enabled by using ViveTool from an elevated Command Prompt window to enable the
37969115 velocity ID.
Miscellaneous[edit | edit source]
- The performance of displaying Wi-Fi networks after enabling Wi-Fi from the Wi-Fi section of Quick Settings has been improved.
- The overall performance and reliability of the Suggested actions feature has been improved.
Bugfixes[edit | edit source]
General[edit | edit source]
- Fixed an issue which could cause Windows Update to stall and roll back updates for WSA users.
- Addressed a stutter in the progress wheel animation when upgrading to a new build.
Settings[edit | edit source]
Fixed an issue that could crash the Settings app when opening and looking at the battery usage graph.
Task Manager[edit | edit source]
Addressed an issue leading to some unreadable text in the Performance page when a contrast theme was enabled.
Suggested actions[edit | edit source]
- Suggested actions should appear for more date and time formats.
- Addressed some issues with certain formats when copying a date and/or time.
Bugs and quirks[edit | edit source]
General[edit | edit source]
- Some users may get a
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALbugcheck due to
pci.syswhen attempting to upgrade to this build.
- The Program Compatibility Assistant Service may be using an unexpectedly large amount of CPU for some users after upgrading to this build.
- Some games that use Easy Anti-Cheat may crash or cause the device to bugcheck.
[edit | edit source]
- Certain apps in full screen (e.g., video players) may prevent live captions from being visible.
- Certain apps positioned near the top of the screen and closed before live captions is run may re-launch behind the live captions window positioned at top.
Safe mode[edit | edit source]
- Quick Settings and date/time clock on the taskbar may be missing due to the
Capability Access Manager Serviceservice not running.
- Clicking Bluetooth & devices and Personalization pages may crash the Settings app due to an overrun of a stack-based buffer