Windows 11 build 22631.2199
|Build of Windows 11, version 23H2
|Windows 11 (NT 10.0)
|Home (N, Single Language, China)
Pro (N, Single Language, China)
Pro Education (N)
Pro for Workstations (N)
Enterprise (Evaluation, G, GN, N, N Evaluation)
Windows 11 build 22631.2199 is a build of Windows 11, version 23H2. It was released to a subset of Windows Insiders in the Beta Channel on 18 August 2023 as the KB5027397 enablement update to build 22621.2199 (KB5029352) for new features included, which may not be enabled by default and instead be rolled out.
New features and changes[edit | edit source]
File Explorer[edit | edit source]
The performance of archive functionality during compression has been improved.
Shell[edit | edit source]
For files that do not have rich thumbnail previews, the preview tooltip when hovering over a file in the Start menu's Recommended section no longer shows the preview area.
Settings[edit | edit source]
- The "End Task" toggle switch under System > For Developers no longer requires Developer Mode to be enabled first.
- The icon of the "Development" toggle switch under Personalization > Device usage has been updated.
Narrator[edit | edit source]
- The default verbosity level has been changed from 2 to 3 which will now announce "Immediate Context Name and Type".
- The support of typing Traditional Chinese characters in Windows by addition of Traditional Chinese dictionary for detailed reading has been implemented.
- Narrator will announce the & of the attachment on braille display when navigating to any attachment in Outlook with scan mode.
- Navigating to different headings in scan mode using ↓ or Spacebar+4 in Braille device will be reflected by Narrator on braille display.
- When navigating a list with items, whenever Narrator announces index with the menu item name, Braille display will reflects the same index values as "1 of 4".
Task Manager[edit | edit source]
The summary view for the Performance page has been updated to make the window smaller.
Miscellaneous[edit | edit source]
The native support for additional archive file formats using the
libarchive open-source project, initially implemented in build 23493, has been backported to this build.
Bugfixes[edit | edit source]
Shell[edit | edit source]
- Fixed an issue that was causing app icons in the taskbar to not be able to move, and start overlapping once you tried to do this, in the previous flight.
- Fixed an issue that was causing the Safely Remove Hardware icon to not appear when expected in the system tray.
- Fixed an issue where the End Task feature wasn't working if users tried it when there were multiple windows open of that app.
- Fixed an issue where using End Task on certain apps would cause other unrelated apps to close.
- Fixed an issue that was causing HDR wallpaper to appear washed out although HDR was enabled.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing users from selecting
.jxlfiles for wallpaper slideshow.
Input[edit | edit source]
Fixed an issue that was causing typing with the Japanese and Chinese IMEs to not work correctly.
Narrator[edit | edit source]
- Fixed an issue where Narrator was not reading various list items in a combo box on various web pages when navigating with up and down arrow.
- Fixed an issue where Narrator was incorrectly announcing combo boxes as read-only even when users could actually select different values from the combo box list items.
- Addressed the issue where Narrator was not announcing the checked and unchecked status of radio buttons but was announcing selected for every item.
- Fixed an issue where Narrator was announcing older information while navigating in date/time picker using arrow keys.
- Fixed an issue where Narrator was incorrectly reading contents of previous cell and the current cell when navigating in a table using ← and → keys.
- Fixed an issue where Narrator is incorrectly reading older Window title even after navigating to inner control.
- Fixed an issue where Narrator is reading entire paragraph when ↑ is invoked in online word document.
- Fixed an issue where Narrator was incorrectly reading out last word of previous paragraph when a new paragraph started with a punctuation mark.
- Fixed a bug where Narrator was not announcing the character being deleted when using Backspace key in some text fields on the web.
- Fixed an issue in narrator where while entering any number in CVV edit field, Narrator should only announce as "hidden", instead of "CVV edit, hidden new line selected".
- Fixed an issue where Narrator is not able to detect different headings on some web pages in scan mode while using H key to navigate.
- Fixed an issue where Narrator scan mode arrow navigation skipped first item in container.
- Fixed an issue, where Narrator is skipping the first item after navigating via landmark using D key in scan mode.
- Fixed an issue where Narrator focus did not move past the first check box if there was a list of check boxes when using ↑ and ↓ keys in scan mode.
- Fixed an issue where Narrator was not activating combo box when navigating using ↑ and ↓ keys and using ↵ Enter and Spacebar to activate it in scan mode.
- Fixed an issue where Narrator would collapse the combo boxes in scan mode when navigating with ↑ and ↓ key.
- Fixed an issue where navigation commands are not executed as expected in a dialog box when entering the dialog the second time.
- Fixed an issue where Narrator find was not working consistently on web pages when using Narrator key+Ctrl+F key combination.
Bugs and quirks[edit | edit source]
- When logging in to Safe mode,
explorer.exemay throw an
Unknown Hard Errorerror and get stuck in a crash loop due to the
ACCESS_VIOLATION) exception with faulting module
- The "Check for updates" button may not appear as expected under the Windows Update page in the Settings app after updating to this build.
- The context menu background in File Explorer may appear transparent in certain cases.
- The icons on the desktop may appear blank in certain cases. Refreshing the desktop would resolve this issue.