Windows 10 build 21301.1000
|Build of Windows 10 Cobalt|
|Architecture||x86, x64, ARM64|
|Timebomb||2021-10-31 (+281 days)|
Home Single Language
Pro Single Language
Pro China Only
Pro Education N
Pro for Workstations
Pro N for Workstations
Enterprise G N
Enterprise N Evaluation
Windows 10 build 21301.1000 is the fifth Insider Preview build of Cobalt. This build was released on 27 January 2021 to all Windows Insiders on the Dev Channel.
Changes[edit | edit source]
Some of these changes are only available to a small group of Insiders, meaning that not everyone will see them right out of the box, and will roll out to the rest of Insiders soon.
- Touch keyboard improvements:
- When undocking the keyboard in 2-in-1 devices, it now switches to the Small keyboard layout, and it can be easily moved the keyboard around using the gripper region at the top of the flyout.
- Small and split layouts will now feature an updated symbol’s view based on the default layout.
- A password feedback icon has been added to the left of the space bar on password fields to turn on visual key press feedback on the keyboard.
- The default keyboard layout on 12” or larger screens has been updated with the keyboard having a more traditional keyboard layout featuring Esc, Tab, and Win keys and other minor tweaks.
- The N’Ko keyboard layout has been updated to support access to currency and some other symbols by tapping the keys along the top row of the keyboard while holding the Shift key.
- When locally saved files are right clicked in taskbar jump lists, the Open file location option now appears in addition to just Open.
- The touchpad on/off toggle under Settings → Devices → Touchpad no longer requires administrative privileges to be configured.
- Backend dictionaries have been updated to help improve spellchecking and text prediction relevance.
- The redesigned window animations introduced in build 21277 are now a bit faster.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
News and interests[edit | edit source]
- The taskbar button's layout is reset to "Show icon and text" after upgrading to this build.
- Sometimes the flyout cannot be dismissed with pen.
- The taskbar button can show stale information each time users log into their account.
- The flyout shows content in a single column before quickly switching to double column.
- The taskbar button's text can look pixelated in high resolution screens.
- Attempting to share content dismisses the flyout.
General[edit | edit source]
- The update process to this build has a chance of hanging for extended periods of time.
- There's a chance that the upgrade process to this build may fail with an
- The reliability of the Start menu and other modern apps may be affected in this build.
- Miracast users may experience very low frame rates in this build.
- Live preview doesn't work for pinned site tabs on some machines, a gray window is seen instead of the intended content.