Windows 10 build 21301.1000
|Build of Cobalt|
|Architecture||x86, x64, ARM64|
|Timebomb||2021-10-31 (+281 days)|
Pro (N, Single Language, China)
Pro Education (N)
Pro for Workstations (N)
Enterprise (Evaluation, G, GN, N, N Evaluation)
Windows 10 build 21301.1000 is the fifth Insider Preview build of Cobalt, the 21H2 development semester of Windows as a service. This build was released on 27 January 2021 to all Windows Insiders on the Dev Channel.
Changes[edit | edit source]
Some of these changes are only available to a small group of Insiders, meaning that not everyone will see them right out of the box, and will roll out to the rest of Insiders soon.
- Touch keyboard improvements:
- When undocking the keyboard in 2-in-1 devices, it now switches to the Small keyboard layout, and it can be easily moved the keyboard around using the gripper region at the top of the flyout.
- Small and split layouts will now feature an updated symbol’s view based on the default layout.
- A password feedback icon has been added to the left of the space bar on password fields to turn on visual key press feedback on the keyboard.
- The default keyboard layout on 12” or larger screens has been updated with the keyboard having a more traditional keyboard layout featuring Esc, Tab ↹, and ⊞ Win keys and other minor tweaks.
- The N’Ko keyboard layout has been updated to support access to currency and some other symbols by tapping the keys along the top row of the keyboard while holding the ⇧ Shift key.
- When locally saved files are right clicked in taskbar jump lists, the Open file location option now appears in addition to just Open.
- The touchpad on/off toggle under Settings → Devices → Touchpad no longer requires administrative privileges to be configured.
- Backend dictionaries have been updated to help improve spellchecking and text prediction relevance.
- The redesigned window animations introduced in build 21277 are now a bit faster.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
News and interests[edit | edit source]
- The taskbar button's layout is reset to "Show icon and text" after upgrading to this build.
- Sometimes the flyout cannot be dismissed with pen.
- The taskbar button can show stale information each time users log into their account.
- The flyout shows content in a single column before quickly switching to double column.
- The taskbar button's text can look pixelated in high resolution screens.
- Attempting to share content dismisses the flyout.
General[edit | edit source]
- The update process to this build has a chance of hanging for extended periods of time.
- There's a chance that the upgrade process to this build may fail with an
- The reliability of the Start menu and other modern apps may be affected in this build.
- Miracast users may experience very low frame rates in this build.
- Live preview doesn't work for pinned site tabs on some machines, a gray window is seen instead of the intended content.