Windows 10 build 15002
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Build of Windows 10 version 1703|
|Timebomb||2017-05-31 (+149 days)|
Enterprise for Remote Sessions
Home Single Language
Pro Education N
Pro Single Language
Windows 10 build 15002 was released on 2017-01-09 to Insiders in the Fast Ring. This build contains many major changes including Microsoft Edge improvements.
Changes[edit | edit source]
Accessibility[edit | edit source]
- Narrator now supports Windows PE and Windows RE.
- Windows now supports braille.
- Improvements to Narrator.
- The legibility for UWP apps in high contrast themes has been improved.
Cortana[edit | edit source]
- Cortana now discovers app-specific commands easier.
- Improvements to Reminders.
- The keyboard shortcut for invoking Cortana has been changed.
- The OOBE (Out of box experience) has been improved, integrating Cortana.
Microsoft Edge[edit | edit source]
- A tab preview bar in Microsoft Edge has been added.
- You can now set tabs aside in Microsoft Edge using a button in the top-left corner.
- Extra buttons, including options to open new windows, have been added to the taskbar jump list for Microsoft Edge.
- A new Flash click-to-run system in Microsoft Edge has been added.
Settings[edit | edit source]
- You can now exclude driver updates in Windows Update via a toggle.
- The Display Settings options have been revamped.
- You can now lower and increase blue light from the computer's screen.
- A new and revamped per app Surface Dial settings.
- Windows Personalization now supports recent colors.
- The Windows theme options have been moved to the Settings app.
- The cross-device experiences settings have been improved.
- You can now set an Ethernet connection as metered.
Start and Shell[edit | edit source]
- Web payment support in Microsoft Edge has been added. (albeit only partially)
- Support for tile folders in the start menu has been added.
- Windows Share improvements.
- You are now able to capture a specific region of your screen.
- Improved high-DPI support for desktop apps.
- Smoother window resizing.
- Improvements to desktop icon placement and scaling.
- Improved VPN access.
- An improved sign-in dialog for apps.
- The taskbar now supports the Lunar Calendar.
Other[edit | edit source]
- Improvements to the Windows Ink Workspace.
- Windows Defender has been heavily revamped, from a Win32 desktop app to a UWP app.
- The precision touchpad experience has been improved.
- You can create virtual machines quicker in Hyper-V
- An improved update experience.
- For business customers, the Windows Information Protection feature has some improvements
- Improvements to the Input Method Editor (IME).
- The color of the crash screen (Blue Screen of Death) has been changed to green, so that Microsoft can distinguish bug reports on Windows insider builds and Windows production builds. Windows production builds still have the default blue color.