|Version of Microsoft Office|
Office 2021 is a version of Microsoft Office released on 5 October 2021 along with Windows 11. Unlike Office 2019, this version is supported for only five years instead of seven as the extended support period has been entirely eliminated. Office 2021 is the first version of Microsoft Office since Office 95 to not have an extended support period.
In October 2022, Microsoft announced that Office 2021 would be the last version of Microsoft Office as its components would eventually be rebranded as Microsoft 365 in 2023.
New features and changes[edit | edit source]
- Dynamic Arrays and XLOOKUP have been added to Microsoft Excel.
- Dark mode now also applies to Word writing area.
- New iconography, previously only available on Microsoft 365, has been added.
- Tell Me has been re-branded to Microsoft Search. As part of this change, the search box has been relocated to the title bar.
- Later versions include a completely revamped setup UI, which would later be backported.