Office 2007 build 3820
|Build of Microsoft Office 2007|
Microsoft Office 2007 build 3820 is the official Beta 1 Technical Refresh build of Microsoft Office 2007. It was compiled on 20 February 2006, before being released to beta testers on 16 March 2006.
Changes[edit | edit source]
Branding[edit | edit source]
This is the first build to use the Microsoft Office 2007 branding. The previous Office 12 branding is still used for the Start menu shortcuts.
Welcome dialog[edit | edit source]
Upon first launch, a new welcome dialog will appear. It asks if the user wants to enable several online related services.
Ribbon UI[edit | edit source]
- Introduced the Ribbon UI, which would be used in the final product.
- Color schemes can now be changed, with the two options being Luna and Obsidian.
- If installed on Windows XP, Luna will be the default color scheme.
- If installed on Windows Vista, Obsidian will be the default color scheme.
- "File" has been redesigned into the Office button.
- The Quick Access Toolbar has been moved to the title bar.
- Items are no longer centered if the large Quick Access Toolbar is enabled.
- The scroll-wheel can now be used to quickly switch between Ribbon tabs.
- The animation for switching between Ribbon tabs has been removed.
- The Options dialog has been updated with a similar new design.
Charts[edit | edit source]
New chart drop-downs have been added to the Ribbon in Excel.
Menu bars[edit | edit source]
The "Always show full menu bar" option is now enabled by default for applications without the Ribbon.
Themes[edit | edit source]
New built-in themes have been added.
Office Help[edit | edit source]
Office Help is now functional in this build, albeit with less offline articles as the final.
Bugs and quirks[edit | edit source]
Aero[edit | edit source]
Title bars for Ribbon applications will not be rendered correctly if Aero is enabled.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Aero bug, as seen on Windows Vista Beta 2