Internet Explorer 1.0 build 73
|Build of Internet Explorer 1.0|
Bugs, quirks, and observations[edit | edit source]
- There is still no user interface to configure a proxy server, it still has to be configured via Registry key
- Shortcuts to Gopher server URLs are not automatically remembered in the History folder.
- Links to telnet and mail from within Internet Explorer are not yet supported.
- Links are normally colored when visited. This release of Internet Explorer does not remember colored links between sessions, and this was fixed in a later release.
- The network setup assistant warns the user that Windows file sharing is enabled for the same LAN connection which will also be used by Internet Explorer and it might put the computer's data at risk, since other Internet users might gain access to its files.
- Downloads having long file names are trimmed to the 8.3 filename convention. This was fixed in build 210.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Proxy server support had been added, but there is no frontend for it in the "Internet" dialog added to the control panel, unlike in later builds such as 210.