|Windows 11 (NT 10.0)
|2024-09-15 (+226 days)
Windows Server 2025 build 26052 is an Insider Preview build of Windows Server 2025. It was released to Windows Insiders on 8 February 2024, along with its client counterpart. It is the first known build from the
ge_release branch, where
ge is the chemical symbol for Germanium.
|Edition / SKU
|Datacenter Azure Edition
- Power Grid Forecast API has been implemented. It is designed to minimize environmental impact by shifting background tasks to times when more renewable energy is available in the local electrical grid.
- Support of key protection with virtualization-based security (VBS) has been implemented into Cryptography API: Next Generation (CNG) framework.
- A new
EFFECTIVE_POWER_MODE enumeration has been implemented into Effective Power Mode API for indicating the effective power mode the system is running.
- The reported version string has been changed from "23H2" to "24H2".
- A new power setting GUID
550E8400-E29B-41D4-A716-446655440000) has been implemented to represent energy saver status notification. Applications that register for this notification can save varying degrees of power depending on what energy saver mode is in effect.
- Microsoft Defender Application Guard (MDAG) for Office and Edge is deprecated, and is no longer available as a feature on demand starting from this build.
- Applying the
WinPE-Powershell optional component may not properly install Powershell in WinPE.
- The Feedback Hub app may not work properly due to known issues.
- Archiving eventlogs with
wevtutil al command may cause the Windows Event Log service to crash, and the archive operation to fail.