Windows Me build 2476
|Build of Windows Me|
|Timebomb||2000-08-15 (+173 days)|
Windows Me build 2476 is a pre-beta 3 build of Windows Me.
Changes[edit | edit source]
- Updated the banners found in the About program boxes to the ones found in the RTM version.
- Replaced the startup and shutdown sounds with the ones used in Windows 2000.
- Updated Movie Maker to build 1245 and added a non-functional placeholder tour.
- The OOBE received a new design, but it is still not possible to get past of the product key page.
- Help and Support Center received another visual update and is more identical to the RTM one. The Exit button located in the right end of the toolbar, as well as the icons for the links (except for Back and Forward, which also received visual updates) have been removed.
- The same visual update also received System Restore.
Hidden features[edit | edit source]
Windows Media Player 7[edit | edit source]
This build contains a pre-release build of Windows Media Player 7 (with a build number of 7.00.00.1137). Although it's not installed by default, nor is it even listed as an installable component, it can be installed manually with the following procedure:
- Open the cabinet archive file with the label
WIN_16on the installation disc and extract the file
WMP.INFto anywhere in the virtual machine.
- Right-click on the
WMP.INFfile, and click
- Wait for the installation to finish (you may need to insert your install CD, if necessary), and you should find that the previously installed Windows Media Player 6.4 has been replaced with Windows Media Player 7, with a shortcut to it present in the
Accessories\Entertainmentfolder in the Start Menu.
When running this build of Windows Media Player 7, you will find that the interface has been given a major update, with the UI now resembling the final version. However, there are still some parts which are noticeably in an early state of implementation, such as the program's icon, and this version of Media Player is rather slow and buggy overall. Also, in the Skin Chooser, there is only one skin to choose (Default).
Neptune reference[edit | edit source]
A total of 9 files with the version number 5.50.5116.1 and 5.50.5117.1 were found in this Windows Me build, but it is unknown whether this Neptune build was ever compiled.
Some speculate this would've been a Milestone 2 build. It would've been compiled someday after 11 December 1999, meaning it would be one of the last Neptune builds before the Neptune project was canceled in January 2000.
icam3ext.dll icam4com.dll icam4ext.dll icmcui.dll icmui.dll lvcam.sys philcam1.dll phvfwext.dll wstdecod.dll