Windows Me build 2452
|Build of Windows Me|
|Timebomb||2000-05-15 (+116 days)|
Windows Me build 2452 is the official "Beta 2 Refresh" build of Windows Me.
Changes[edit | edit source]
- The default color scheme has been updated to resemble the one used in Windows 2000. This includes changing the default desktop background from teal to blue.
- Most of the Control Panel applets are updated.
- Updated MSN Messenger to version 2.1.
- Re-added the shutdown screen from Windows 95 and 98.
- Updated the Startup Disk from
Windows 98 [Version 4.10.2222]to
Windows Millennium [Version 4.90.2452]. From this point onwards, the startup disk will be updated to match the system version.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
S3 drivers[edit | edit source]
- Upon using S3 video adapters, Windows will complain that its own drivers will not work properly, thus the display will be stuck at
640x480x4bpp. This error will also appear upon every boot and other drivers cannot be installed correctly, meaning that S3 video adapters are not recommended for this build.
Neptune reference[edit | edit source]
Some speculate this would've been a Milestone 2 build. The PE header of
wstdecod.dll claims that it was compiled on 19 January 2000, meaning it would be one of the last Neptune builds before the Neptune project was canceled later that month.
icam3ext.dll icam4com.dll icam4ext.dll icmui.dll lvcam.sys philcam1.dll phvfwext.dll wstdecod.dll