Windows Longhorn build 4002
|Build of Windows Longhorn|
|Timebomb||2004-01-06 (+363 days)|
Unlike later Milestone 4 builds, build 4002 uses the old i386-based setup routine instead of the newer one based on the WIM installation format.
Grabberslasher first gave the details of this build on his UX.Unleaked blog. On 23 January 2020, this build was listed on a BetaArchive thread by the aforementioned user to be released to its FTP server, and was released on 31 January 2020, alongside build 4040 and build 5356. WinUnleaked also had images of this build.
New features and changes[edit | edit source]
- The new taskbar has been updated slightly, included a new clock on the taskbar, and a slightly lighter shade.
- The sidebar has also been updated slightly, including the newer shade and slightly modified tiles.
- A new wallpaper has been added, making this build the first Milestone 4 build to use a new wallpaper (unlike build 4001, which still uses the old M3 background).
- MyTVApp has been removed.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
WcmRegister.exewill throw out user registration errors upon login.
- If Windows Explorer is restarted while an application is still open, closing the app will still have its taskbar task shown.
Installation[edit | edit source]
This build cannot be installed via a CD boot because it attempts to incorrectly load the
coverage.dll file. As a result, the system will BSOD after formatting the drive due to loading this file.
setup.exe also attempts to load this file and quits due to it, but running
winnt32.exe can allow setup to load.
During GUI setup, there will be a copy error that it fails to copy
WinFSSyM.sql, the user can safely skip copying these files.