Windows 11 build 22000.282
|Build of Windows 11|
Pro (N, Single Language, China Only)
Pro Education (N)
Pro for Workstations (N)
Enterprise (Evaluation, G, N)
Windows 11 build 22000.282 is the second public post-GA build of Windows 11. It was released to Windows Insiders in the Beta and Release Preview Channels on 15 October 2021, and later released to the public on 21 October 2021.
Changes[edit | edit source]
Shell[edit | edit source]
- The visual design and animations for the Chat taskbar icon has been updated.
- Several small adjustments has been made to the contrast theme colors, such as making hyperlinks more distinct when hovering over them while using the desert theme.
- The warning about losing other users' unsaved work when shutting down or restarting if no other users are signed in has been removed.
Group Policy[edit | edit source]
- A Group Policy setting for the following registry value has been implemented:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Printers\PointAndPrint] "RestrictDriverInstallationToAdministrators"=dword:00000001
Bugfixes[edit | edit source]
- Addressed a race condition that occurs during the early part of startup that might cause a stop error.
- Addressed a regression that might cause stop error
0x38on some machine configurations that use non-ASCII text in the registry.
- Addressed an issue for a small number of users that prevents the Start menu from working and prevents from seeing the updated taskbar design.
- Addressed an L3 caching issue that might affect performance in some applications on devices that have AMD Ryzen processors.
- Addressed an issue with the interrupt handling of certain processors that might cause devices to stop responding.
- Addressed a threading issue that might cause the Windows Remote Management (WinRM) service to stop working when it is under a high load.
- Addressed an issue that causes a device to stop responding when forcibly shutting down the device while a Group Policy is being updated.
- Addressed an issue with parsing time formats in events when milliseconds are excluded.
- Addressed an issue with Enterprise Mode Site List redirection from Internet Explorer 11 to Microsoft Edge.
- Addressed an issue that causes Internet Explorer to stop working when inputing certain characters in the Input Method Editor (IME).
- Addressed an issue that fails to keep the NumLock state after a Fast Startup restart.
- Addressed an issue that cause system responds slowly when moving app if a File Explorer window is visible on the screen.
- Addressed an issue that intermittently prevents the Mail app from accepting keyboard input in the address and subject boxes.
- Addressed a known issue that prevents an internet print server from properly packaging modified printer properties before sending the package to the client.
- Addressed an issue that might cause Xbox Game Bar recording features to be unavailable.
- Addressed an issue that might cause distortion in the audio captured by voice assistants.
- Addressed an issue in Windows Defender Exploit Protection that prevents some Microsoft Office applications from working on machines that have certain processors.
- Addressed an issue that sometimes prevents Quick Assist users from using full screen view after they start a remote assistance session.
- Addressed an issue that causes the IME toolbar to appear even when the RemoteApp is closed.
- Addressed an issue that prevents Narrator and other screen readers from announcing when the Start menu is open in certain cases.
- Addressed an issue that occurs if the search index is damaged in certain ways; attempts to search using the taskbar or File Explorer fail.
- Addressed an issue in that prevents the search window from appearing on a secondary monitor.
- Addressed an issue that might cause the File Explorer window to lose focus when mapping a network drive.
- Addressed an issue that sometimes causes the lock screen to appear black if you set up slideshow.
- Addressed a reliability issue with
LogonUI.exe, which affects the rendering of the network status text on the credentials screen.
- Addressed an issue that prevents users from opening multiple instances of an app using Shift and clicking on the app’s icon in the taskbar.
- Addressed an issue that fails to establish a connection to the Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) service or immediately drops an RDP connection under certain circumstances.
- Addressed an issue that might cause input delays for certain Bluetooth mice and keyboards.
- Addressed an issue that prevents the Start menu from opening after a video driver upgrade.
- Addressed a known issue that might prevent devices from downloading and installing printer drivers when the devices attempt to connect to a network printer for the first time.
- Addressed a known issue that might prevent the successful installation of printers using the Internet Printing Protocol (IPP).
- Addressed a known issue that might ask for administrative credentials when attempting to print in environments which the print server and print client are in different times zones.
Bugs and quirks[edit | edit source]
- Windows print clients may fail to connect to a remote printer shared on a Windows print server with error codes
- Several built-in Windows apps or parts of some built-in apps may fail to open or use due to an expired Microsoft digital certificate. It can be resolved by installing the KB5008295 update.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Boot screen (default)