Windows 11 build 22000.176
|Build of Windows 11|
Pro (N, Single Language, China Only)
Pro Education (N)
Pro for Workstations (N)
Enterprise (Evaluation, G, N)
Windows 11 build 22000.176 is the ninth Insider Preview build of Windows 11, which was released to Windows Insiders in the Beta Channel and the Release Preview Channel on 2 September 2021. It is the first build of the original Windows 11 release to be offered to select Windows 10 users in the Release Preview Channel in order to allow commercial users to trial the new version.
New features and changes[edit | edit source]
Shell[edit | edit source]
The ability to right-click on the Teams, Search, Widgets or Task View icon to unpin them has been removed.
Chat for Microsoft Teams[edit | edit source]
- The app now allows the Arabic and Hebrew locales to change settings.
- The app now plays the ring tone sound when an outgoing call is being made.
Miscellaneous[edit | edit source]
A new link to learn more about Windows Hello has been added when setting it up during OOBE.
Bugfixes[edit | edit source]
- Fixed an issue with paired Bluetooth LE devices that was causing an increase in Bluetooth reliability issues and bugchecks after resume from hibernate or when Bluetooth was turned off.
- Mitigated an issue that was resulting some users hitting in an unexpected error when trying to take pictures with certain USB cameras.
Bugs and quirks[edit | edit source]
Shell[edit | edit source]
- Start and Taskbar may unresponsive and Settings and other components may not be loaded correctly. It may be resolved by setting the clock forward, changing Internet Time Server, or deleting the key
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\IrisServicein the registry hive.
- This bug has been automatically resolved since 5 September 2021.
- The Widgets board may appear empty. This can be fixed by logging out and back in.
- Widgets may be displayed in the wrong size on external monitors.
- The options to open System and Windows Terminal may be missing from the Win+X menu.
Taskbar[edit | edit source]
The taskbar will sometimes flicker when switching input methods.
Search[edit | edit source]
- After clicking the Search icon on the Taskbar, the Search panel may not open. This can be fixed by restarting Explorer and opening the search panel again.
- The search panel may appear as black and not display any content below the search box.
- Text may be unable to be inputted when using Search from Start or the taskbar. This can be fixed by pressing Win+R to open the Run dialog box and then closing it.
Bugcheck[edit | edit source]
Some Surface Pro X devices with this build may bugcheck with a