Windows 11 build 22000.120
|Build of Windows 11|
Pro (N, Single Language, China Only)
Pro Education (N)
Pro for Workstations (N)
Enterprise (Evaluation, G, N)
Windows 11 build 22000.120 is an Insider Preview build of Windows 11 released on 5 August 2021. Similarly to previous builds, the cumulative update to this build was available to all users of build 22000 regardless of whether they are enrolled to the Windows Insider Program.
Changes[edit | edit source]
File Explorer[edit | edit source]
- The New menu has been changed to a single-level menu, with all options shown at the same level.
- The New button in the command bar has been reverted to the original single dropdown button rather than a split button.
- Dark theme scrollbars have been updated to the same style as in light theme.
- Context menu item padding has been decreased for mouse users in order to make context menus more compact.
Shell[edit | edit source]
- A new Family widget has been added, which shows recent activity from other members of a family group. The widget requires a Microsoft account to be used.
- The close button in taskbar previews has been updated with larger margins and all rounded corners.
- Spacing has been adjusted in Alt+Tab, Task View and snap assist interfaces.
- The Widgets taskbar icon animation has been updated.
- An animation has been added for the Chat taskbar icon.
- Pressing F7 in redesigned components such as the Start menu, taskbar, or File Explorer no longer show a caret browsing dialog.
Miscellaneous[edit | edit source]
- Highlighted menu items of the Aero visual style have been changed to solid blue rounded rectangles with white text.
- Settings no longer shows a green flash on startup.
- Artifacts in dark mode caused by rounded window corners have been fixed.
- On clean installs, the boot menu entry is now named Windows 11.
- An additional message to suggest using a Microsoft account for a child or teenager has been added when entering the name and password for a local account in the out-of-box experience.
- This message will only be displayed in the Home SKU on some locales, such as English (United Kingdom).
Bugs and quirks[edit | edit source]
Shell[edit | edit source]
The context menu item padding may appear huge when animation start before quickly switching to smaller size.
Upgrade[edit | edit source]
Custom wallpapers will sometimes be replaced by the default wallpaper if upgraded from an older version of Windows.
Taskbar[edit | edit source]
The taskbar will sometimes flicker when switching input methods.
Search[edit | edit source]
- After clicking the Search icon on the Taskbar, the Search panel may not open. It can be fixed by restarting Explorer and opening the search panel again.
- When hovering the mouse over the Search icon on the Taskbar, recent searches may not be displayed. This can be fixed by restarting.
- Search panel might appear as black and not display any content below the search box.