Windows 10 build 21296.1000 (rs prerelease)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Build of Windows 10 Cobalt|
|Architecture||x86, x64, ARM64|
|Timebomb||2021-10-31 (+289 days)|
Home Single Language
Pro Single Language
Pro China Only
Pro Education N
Pro for Workstations
Pro N for Workstations
Enterprise G N
Enterprise N Evaluation
Windows 10 build 21296.1000 (rs prerelease) is the fourth Insider Preview build of Cobalt. This build was released on 21 January 2021 to all Windows Insiders on the Dev Channel.
Changes[edit | edit source]
- The converged clipboard history, first announced in Iron build 20206, now supports pinning, unpinning, deleting, and syncing items individually.
- Storage Spaces management from Settings → System → Storage, first introduced in build 21286, is now available for all Insiders on the Dev Channel.
- The issue where games such as State of Decay 2 or Assassin’s Creed may hang or crash when launching has been fixed. Updates are required for these games to apply them.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
News and interests[edit | edit source]
- The taskbar button's layout is reset to "Show icon and text" after upgrading to this build.
- Sometimes the flyout cannot be dismissed with pen.
- The taskbar button can show stale information each time users log into their account.
- The flyout shows content in a single column before quickly switching to double column.
- The taskbar button's text can look pixelated in high resolution screens.
- The taskbar context menu and the flyout overlap.
- In certain circumstances, the flyout uses 100% of CPU when first launched.
- Attempting to share content dismisses the flyout.
General[edit | edit source]
- The update process to this build has a chance of hanging for extended periods of time.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Black Ops Cold War may not launch starting with this build.
- Some 32-bit systems may lose network connection after upgrading to this build.
- The reliability of the Start menu and other modern apps may be affected in this build.
- Miracast users may experience very low frame rates in this build.
- Live preview doesn't work for pinned site tabs on some machines, a gray window is seen instead of the intended content.
- Aero Shake is disabled in this build. To enable it again, merge the following to the registry and restart
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced] "DisallowShaking"=dword:00000000