Windows 10 build 18309
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Build of Windows 10 version 1903|
|Architecture||x86, x64, ARM64|
|Timebomb||2019-07-05 (+197 days)|
Windows 10 build 18309 is the seventeenth Insider Preview build of Windows 10 May 2019 Update. This build was released to Windows Insiders in the Fast Ring on 3 January 2019.
Changes[edit | edit source]
Windows Hello Improvements[edit | edit source]
- The streamlined Windows Hello PIN reset experience that was introduced in the previous build is now available in all SKUs, not just Home, as well as the ability to sign in into Windows using a password-less Microsoft account.
Narrator improvements[edit | edit source]
- Users can now download additional voices in other languages without having to download language packs. To get them, navigate to Narrator Settings and select the “Add more voices” link.
- Two of the main actions in Narrator Home are now buttons and not Listview items. You are now able to tab between all of them.
- Added the Narrator+5 Narrator command to render current character phonetics (it has to be pressed twice).
- Made some other improvements, including improved reading of controls while navigating and editing, improved table reading in PowerPoint, improved reading and navigating experiences with Chrome and Narrator and improved interaction with the menus of Google Chrome with Narrator.
- Narrator can now announce the state of hardware buttons such as volume keys.
Ease of Access improvements[edit | edit source]
- There are now 11 additional mouse pointer sizes. This brings the total of mouse cursor sizes up to 15.
Windows Sandbox improvements[edit | edit source]
- Windows Sandbox has been enhanced to better support high DPI displays.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- The hyperlink colors in Sticky Notes are inconsistent if dark mode is enabled, and insights are turned on.
- The Windows Security app may show an unknown status for the Virus & threat protection area, and sometimes it may not refresh properly.
- Opening games that use the BattlEye anti-cheat software will trigger a green screen of death.
- If you have a USB printer installed, it may appear twice. Reinstalling the printer can resolve the issue.
- Sometimes clicking your account in Cortana permissions won't bring up the UI to sign out from Cortana (if you were already signed in).
- Creative X-Fi sound cards do not function properly on this build.
- Some S-mode devices will attempt to update this build, it will download and restart, but the installation of this build will fail.
- Night light functionality does not work correctly due to a bug.
- When you open the Action Center, the quick actions have a chance of disappearing.
- Clicking the network icon on the login and CTRL+ALT+DELETE screens will not work.
- Some of the text in the Windows Security app may not be correct or be missing. This can impact the use of some features, such as filtering Protection history.
- Users may see a warning that their USB is currently in use when trying to eject it using File Explorer. To avoid this warning, close down all open File Explorer windows and eject the USB media using the system tray by clicking on ‘Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media’ and then ejecting the drive from the menu that pops up.
- In some cases, it may look like the build downloaded and installed successfully, but in fact it didn’t. If this bug is hit, type in
winverin the search box on the taskbar to check the build number.