Windows 10 build 17618
|Build of Windows 10 October 2018 Update|
|Architecture||x86, x64, ARM64|
|Timebomb||2018-07-02 (+122 days)|
Windows 10 build 17618 is the second Insider Preview build of Windows 10 October 2018 Update. This build was released to Windows Insiders that were opted into Skip Ahead on 7 March 2018.
New features and changes[edit | edit source]
Sets[edit | edit source]
- Sets is included in this build. To get it, you must download mach2. After downloading, run it and then type in the commands
mach2 enable 13849566 -v 1and
mach2 enable 10727725 -v 1. After this is done, reboot the VM or machine.
New features and improvements in Sets[edit | edit source]
- Sets now has support for File Explorer, Notepad, Command Prompt, and PowerShell.
- You can now launch apps from the new tab page. This is done by typing the desired app's name into the search box.
- UWP apps are launched in the same window, replacing the new tab page.
- Tabs in the Sets UI now show app icons including icons for Microsoft Edge favorites and icons for other apps.
- When resuming tasks, the user will be prompted to restore the apps and websites that were in a previous session. This can be seen in Timeline when a session has multiple activities associated with it.
Keyboard shortcuts for Sets[edit | edit source]
- In the following list, there are a few keyboard shortcuts that can be used for this feature.
- Ctrl+⊞ Win+Tab ↹ – switch to the next tab.
- Ctrl+⊞ Win+⇧ Shift+Tab ↹ – switch to the previous tab.
- Ctrl+⊞ Win+T – open a new tab.
- Ctrl+⊞ Win+W – close the current tab.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
General[edit | edit source]
- Windows Mixed Reality will run extremely slowly (with a framerate of 8-10fps) on this build. It will also crash multiple times at startup.
- The Microsoft Store has a chance of being either completely broken or disappearing altogether after upgrading to this build.
- Links to the Microsoft Store in the Settings app and links in the tips section, the aforementioned app will crash.
- If you open a file that is only available online from OneDrive that hasn't been previously downloaded to the PC, the system can crash with a green screen of death. To get around this, right click on the selected files, and then select “Always keep on this device.”
Sets[edit | edit source]
- Dragging and dropping tabs does not work for reordering tabs. Tabs cannot be dragged to join other windows.
- If you launch a supported desktop (Win32) app from a tabbed window, such as a folder or a supported file (such as text files), it launches in a new window instead of opening as a new tab. For Win32 apps such as Notepad, you must hold the Ctrl key when opening them, and for File Explorer hold down the Ctrl key until the new tab appears. You must not press Ctrl, click and immediately release, as it will still open as a new window.
- There's a chance of some visual flashing when the user switched between tabs of a Set.
- If the display scaling is higher than 100%, using touch to interact with the Sets title bar won’t work.