Windows 10 build 14971.1000 (rs_prerelease)
|Build of Windows 10 Creators Update|
|Timebomb||2017-05-01 (+171 days)|
|Use a Windows 10 Retail serial|
Windows 10 build 14971.1000 (rs_prerelease) is the thirteenth officially released Insider Preview build of Windows 10 Creators Update. This build was released to Windows Insiders in the Fast Ring on 17 November 2016.
New features and changes[edit | edit source]
- Added a new EPUB e-book reader in Microsoft Edge. Highlights of this feature include the ability to change the font and text size, as well as choosing between three themes, these are light, sepia and dark. You can use the table of contents or the seek bar at the bottom to navigate through the e-book. You can also search for words and phrases and use Cortana to define specific words.
- This build is the first to introduce Paint 3D.
- Windows PowerShell is now the de-facto default command-line shell (Command Prompt can still be accessed however).
- Improved the typing experience with the Chinese and Japanese IMEs.
- Removed the Snooze feature in Microsoft Edge that had been present since build 14926.
- This build includes a partly functional Share UI. It can be enabled by navigating to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoftin the registry, then creating a new key called SharePlatform, then creating a DWORD entry called EnableNewShareFlow and setting its value to 1.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Navigating to the Battery section in the System page of the Settings app will crash it.
- Using keyboard monitor hotkeys to adjust the brightness won't work as expected. You can change the brightness manually via the Action Center or by navigating to Settings -> System -> Display.
- Some apps such as Store, Photos, and People may launch on their own after the PC is left idle for a certain period of time.
- Double-clicking on an Excel document from File Explorer will crash Excel. The workaround is to open the document from Excel itself.
- Microsoft Studios games like Microsoft Sudoku, Jigsaw, Minesweeper, Taptiles, and Treasure Hunt may freeze at the splash screen upon launching it.
Paint 3D[edit | edit source]
Upon opening Paint 3D, it will proceed to replace all of the options linking to the classic Paint app with Paint 3D. You can either uninstall it or do the following below if you want to keep it:
- 1. Open Registry Editor.
- 2. Navigate to
- 3. Create a new key called
- 4. In that new key you just created, create a DWORD entry called "DisableModernPaintBootstrap" and set its value to 1.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Updates[edit | edit source]
Only one update was released for build 14971:
10.0.14971.1001.rs_prerelease_flt_prev.161129-1713 - KB3204990