Windows 10 build 14965.1001
|Build of Windows 10 Creators Update|
|Timebomb||2017-05-01 (+178 days)|
Windows 10 build 14965.1001 is the twelfth officially released Insider Preview build of Windows 10 Creators Update. This build was released to Windows Insiders in the Fast Ring on 9 November 2016, then to Slow Ring users on 16 November 2016.
It is notably the first Windows 10 Insider build to have the ability to boot on the current date.
New features and changes[edit | edit source]
- Made it easier to drive content from a second display from a tablet without attaching a mouse. To extend the screen, connect another monitor, PC or TV, go to Action Center and select the "Project" quick action. To enable the virtual touchpad, press and hold on the taskbar and select "Show touchpad button". If supported, a touchpad icon will appear on the system tray (in the same location as Windows Ink Workspace). Selecting it will bring up the virtual touchpad. You can also customize the virtual touchpad in Settings.
- Updated the Sticky Notes app. Highlights include flight detection for German, more English locales (like British English), Spanish (Spain and Mexico), French (France and Canada), Italian, Japanese and Brazilian Portuguese. It also added email and URL recognition for every locale except for Simplified and Traditional Chinese, Japanese and Korean, added phone number recognition to all English, German, Spanish, French and Italian locales, added address recognition support for British English and Spanish (United States), added time recognition to to three English locales (India, Australia and Britain). Furthermore, it also added stock recognition insight support for the following locales: English (Australia), English (Canada), English (India), German, Spanish (both Spain and Mexico), French (both France and Canada), Japanese and Brazilian Portuguese.
- Fixed some issues with the undo and redo keyboard shortcuts (Ctrl+Z and Ctrl+Y) in Sticky Notes.
- Improved the performance of typing text in Sticky Notes.
- When an update to Sticky Notes is available, an in-app prompt is displayed to update it.
- Other UI and UX improvements in Sticky Notes.
- A number of improvements were made to the Windows Ink Workspace. Highlights include adding a link to quickly access the pen settings, as well as a link to the handwriting training tool. To access it, click on the “Get to know my handwriting” option.
- Improvements to the address bar in Registry Editor.
- Improvements to the Zoom feature in Hyper-V.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Double-clicking on an Excel document from File Explorer will crash Excel. The workaround is to open the document from Excel itself.
- Microsoft Studios games like Microsoft Sudoku, Jigsaw, Minesweeper, Taptiles, and Treasure Hunt may freeze at the splash screen upon launching it.
- If you are installing this build on a Surface Pro 3 and an SD card is present, it will get stuck at "Working on updates 22%". Remove the SD card to get past it.
- Some apps such as Store, Photos, and People may launch on their own after the PC is left idle for a certain period of time.
- Using keyboard monitor hotkeys to adjust the brightness won't work as expected. You can change the brightness manually via the Action Center or by navigating to Settings -> System -> Display.